ncaa 07, whos played it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

ncaa 07, whos played it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:33 pm

So you guys reccomend it? I got the madden game last year and liked it and was thinking that i should get a college game this year because it sounds like the new Madden game isnt all that different.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ecnar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:27 pm

i have it for the 360 and its a great buy! ;-D

cHi-TOwn BEaRs 08'
Ecnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby washamur » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:35 pm

terpfan wrote:
washamur wrote:Been playing the 360 version since I got back .. and loving it.

I hardly ever play the sports titles online, mainly because they get over-ran w/ cheesers.

But w/ the adjusting to the sliders, and getting Fairdale Kings roster file ... this game is great.

Mostly every year, I play it until Madden comes out -- then trade it in towards the game ... I think this year, I will own both Madden and NCAA -- just too much fun to be had. ;)

I'm trying to find some good sliders. You got any advice? AA is way too easy, but Heisman is too frustrating. What are you using?

Terp, I'm sorry ... didn't realize you had posted until now ... here's what I'm using. I'm not the best player in the world, and alot of time struggle against the computer. These worked out great for me and made the game less frustrating:

Originally Posted by arichzona
Been playing and fooling around with sliders since release day and have a set which has given me results I want thru my past six games (I beat who I should and lose when I should). If you are not that great at the game and getting older with slower fingers these might work for you too.....The CPU and myself have had 12-15 play drives on more than one occasion which I am very happy with.

I will continue tweaking if it becomes too easy but I don't forsee that real soon. I am not saying that these will solve all of your wants or needs, but they have solved enough of mine to be very happy right now with the results I am getting.

7 minutes, All-American:

OFFENSE (HUM/CPU):

23/65 - Don't throw on the run unless you have an good QB; CPU gets around what they avg for the season & keeps INT's controlled
16/14 - you still get pressures (and occasional coverage sack) and pressured, especially when trailing the game
40/44 - big hits will jar the ball loose, and while I don't want tons of drops....they shouldn't catch everything either
40/44 - seems low, but no fumble problem
16/17 - I want my LB's to make tackles - this keeps D-lineman controlled for that split second the RB needs, as well as a good LB needs

DEFENSE (HUM/CPU):

30/43 - play action works very well when the run is established and the secondary is young, as it should
21/30 - have not seen any "warping" to the ball yet (fingers crossed) higher knockdowns DOES mean less picks.
0/35 - You still get them and get punished for making dumb throws....good.
4/3 - CPU still gets off blocks to get you outside in pursuit, so do you.
10/20 - seen some nice animations (both ways)

SPECIAL TEAMS:

60/35
50/10
42/78 - Longer CPU punts give you a chance to run for more than 4 yds
50/33
53/47

FATIGUE:

77: Out, 85 In...On long runs, the guy needs a breather.

PENALTIES:

100 except for clipping, since I seem to get called for it too much (50)

These usually allow for 80-85 plays from scrimmmage (total) as I skip cutscenes....a little low for real-realism but I dont want each game to last for 1.5-2 hours.

Momentum seems to not go one way and stay there for the entire game, which I like. QB's are getting good (realistic stats) if they are good (250-320 ypg) and RB's are averaging in the 4's for an avg.

Defensively, the top tackler on each team is between 6-12. Give'em a try (whole game) and let me know what you think.

Give those a try ... arichzona is a genius when it comes to finding a good medium for my lack of ability. ;)

-good luck-
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Graphics Expert

Postby terpfan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:30 pm

Cool, thanks wash. I'll try them after MNF. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:13 pm

Played a couple of games with those sliders today and it worked out pretty well. I clobbered Wake 41-10 and then played a real competitive game against Virginia, winning 20-17. Pretty realistic scores for my MD team a few years in. Offense is a lot of fun. I was worried that run D would be too easy after a shut down Wake, but Virginia's RB managed to get off ome decent runs on me. I really like how the offense plays though, the passing and running both seem pretty realistic to me. The pass blocking is the main difference. Before I either had all day or no time at all. That seems to have greatly improved with these sliders.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:33 am

I've been looking for some good sliders as well, I'll give those a shot in the next day or two.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:59 pm

got it for my birthday on the 27th for 360, the Gators are awesome. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:09 pm

Well I gave those sliders a shot and can't say they really did it for me. I was playing as San Diego State against Oregon, and being outrated at every position and it only being about the 4th game I had played I figured I'd get whooped, but I found myself coasting to a 38-10 victory (was 31-3 at the half and I just started screwing around).

By the way, anyone else notice that you can use the old tecmo bowl trick for outrunning defenders in this game? Remember how in tecmo bowl if you got past the defense it would make them a lot faster than you so they could catch up, but if you ran in a diagonal pattern like \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ they would slow up every time they changed direction? Seems you can do that in this game with the same effect if you have a slow guy out past the defense.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby washamur » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:15 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Well I gave those sliders a shot and can't say they really did it for me. I was playing as San Diego State against Oregon, and being outrated at every position and it only being about the 4th game I had played I figured I'd get whooped, but I found myself coasting to a 38-10 victory (was 31-3 at the half and I just started screwing around).

Yeah, those sliders are for those that are not that great at the game .. like myself. ;)

Head over to Operation Sports and go to the NCAA 07 section ... they have a sub-board just for sliders.

You might find something that fits your skill level.
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Graphics Expert

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:10 am

Just got this game and so far i love it. Great graphics and really good gameplay. I love how they made it more like Madden. Defintely a good investment.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games