Anyone See The Neil Rackers Commercial on NFL NETWORK?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone See The Neil Rackers Commercial on NFL NETWORK??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:12 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to start a another thread debating kickers, I just thought the commercial was cool. ;-)

FYI, there was some recent banter on Rackers and other kickers here: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=231507&start=0
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:45 pm

Do you suppose it could have been camera trickery/editing? I mean they have these commercials where guys drive motorcycles off of cliffs and stand right up and walk away, and it looks real as heck. My guess is doing that to a football would be a piece of cake.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:54 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Do you suppose it could have been camera trickery/editing? I mean they have these commercials where guys drive motorcycles off of cliffs and stand right up and walk away, and it looks real as heck. My guess is doing that to a football would be a piece of cake.

I heard an interview with him on NFL radio, and he made it sound like he could really do it. I didn't get the impression that they used any kind of trickery - just exceptional amounts of kickery :-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:22 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Interesting. Reminds me of the Ronaldihoho Nike video.

yeh, that was cool. did you see the follow up one with ronaldo, i think, where he says: "you're supposed to put it in the goal, jerk" or something like that. it was pretty funny.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:29 pm

rackers may be talented, but he will be getting more PATs and much less FGs with Edge to pound it in at the goal line.\

im liking vanderjagt and vinateri a lot this year, and i like josh brown as a semi-sleeper as well.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:54 pm

I'm drafting Wilkins alot this year. I dunno, I just get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I pick him up in the last round.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:06 pm

vanderjagt will outscore them all. most accurate kicker in league history, and he's on an offense good enough to get him plenty of opportunities, but it's not as good as teh Colts to where all he's getting is XP's. Vanderjagt should be #1.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:42 am

Whats all this talk about kickers... ;-7

Vandy in 06 (^)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:22 am

The Lung wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean to start a another thread debating kickers, I just thought the commercial was cool. ;-)

FYI, there was some recent banter on Rackers and other kickers here: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=231507&start=0

I think everyone kinda missed the point. A cool ad, not as good as the one where LeBron James is making baskets from everywhere during a supposed camera check in warm-ups. Nice camera work or computer generated crap. They're getting so good at this stuff that I think Dwight Clark actually missed "The Catch".

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby The Lung » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:54 am

Sixxgunn wrote:Do you suppose it could have been camera trickery/editing? I mean they have these commercials where guys drive motorcycles off of cliffs and stand right up and walk away, and it looks real as heck. My guess is doing that to a football would be a piece of cake.

moochman wrote:I think everyone kinda missed the point. A cool ad, not as good as the one where LeBron James is making baskets from everywhere during a supposed camera check in warm-ups. Nice camera work or computer generated crap. They're getting so good at this stuff that I think Dwight Clark actually missed "The Catch".

onnestabe wrote:I heard an interview with him on NFL radio, and he made it sound like he could really do it. I didn't get the impression that they used any kind of trickery - just exceptional amounts of kickery :-D

I saw the interview that onnestabe refers to over the weekend on NFL Network. Rackers answered questions about the video shoot and there were no obvious signs that anything funny had occurred. If so, he has a really good poker face. I'm 99% sure that it was legit.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk