Madden Challenge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Challenge

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Challenge

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:01 pm

Has anyone here done the Madden Challenge? I've done it the last 2 years at the Boston/New England one.

First year I lost 10-6 in the first round (missed an extra point...how pathetic?) and last year I lost by mercy in the first round. !+)

I'm doing it again though, and I'm still confident. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:09 pm

I've meant to play the last two years but something always pops up.

I am pretty sure that Alkaholik and The Balanced Man have played in em.

Is there an entry fee and is it PS2 or Xbox?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:03 pm

I don't generally brag but I'm pretty big into Madden and I think most who have played me would say I'm pretty good. In '03 which is the only year I really ever tried to play ranked games, etc online I was ranked I think 42nd or so overall out of hundreds of thousands online. Since then I've quit that nonsense and stuck to strictly unranked games and organized leagues.

I have absolutely no desire to participate in the nano-glitching cheesefest also known as the Madden challenge.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:31 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I don't generally brag but I'm pretty big into Madden and I think most who have played me would say I'm pretty good. In '03 which is the only year I really ever tried to play ranked games, etc online I was ranked I think 42nd or so overall out of hundreds of thousands online. Since then I've quit that nonsense and stuck to strictly unranked games and organized leagues.

I have absolutely no desire to participate in the nano-glitching cheesefest also known as the Madden challenge.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of something else. Maybe some online tournament? Online play and the Madden Challenge are two very different things. The people that go to the Madden Challenge are serious and don't try and pull off glitches and game flaws. Not many people have the stones to do that with the person standing right next to you anyways.

To the other question, it's a $10 entry fee. It was on PS2 the first two years, but XBOX last year. I'm guessing/hoping it will be on 360 this year. If it's not I'm not going to enter because I haven't played PS2 or regular XBOX since last November.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:01 am

I am most definitely talking about the Madden Challenge, and it is definitely a cheesefest (though that is also somewhat forced and perpetuated by the super short quarters). The online play I was talking about was just a prelude to make sure people knew I wasn't just b*tching about the Madden challenge because I wasn't any good or something.

Rest assured, the Madden challenge and the game of football have very, very little in common.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:21 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I am most definitely talking about the Madden Challenge, and it is definitely a cheesefest (though that is also somewhat forced and perpetuated by the super short quarters). The online play I was talking about was just a prelude to make sure people knew I wasn't just b*tching about the Madden challenge because I wasn't any good or something.

Rest assured, the Madden challenge and the game of football have very, very little in common.

Have you been to one? You were talking about it saying you'd never participate in one, then how do you know this. Even after I was eliminated both times, watching a bunch of other games none of the stuff you said took place.

I guess it's just 'cause us Bostonians are real gamers. ;-) ;-7
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:41 pm

I went to my first one last year, lost to my friend in the first round 10-3 on a Brian Westbrook 70 yard fluke TD run. Needless to say, I was very pissed.

Anyway, although the short quarters aren't great, it's still fun to go. $10 entrance fee is worth it.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:06 pm

steelerfan04 wrote:I went to my first one last year, lost to my friend in the first round 10-3 on a Brian Westbrook 70 yard fluke TD run. Needless to say, I was very pissed.

Anyway, although the short quarters aren't great, it's still fun to go. $10 entrance fee is worth it.

Why did you play your friend in the first round? !+) Doesn't that kinda ruin it when one of you is out after the first game?
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:04 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
steelerfan04 wrote:I went to my first one last year, lost to my friend in the first round 10-3 on a Brian Westbrook 70 yard fluke TD run. Needless to say, I was very pissed.

Why did you play your friend in the first round? !+) Doesn't that kinda ruin it when one of you is out after the first game?

The way they ran it was when you registered, you were given a number. You play the next/previous numbered person. Since my friend and i registered at the same time, we got two numbers in a row and were stuck playing each other. I agree, i would've much preferred to play someone else.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:16 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I don't generally brag but I'm pretty big into Madden and I think most who have played me would say I'm pretty good. In '03 which is the only year I really ever tried to play ranked games, etc online I was ranked I think 42nd or so overall out of hundreds of thousands online. Since then I've quit that nonsense and stuck to strictly unranked games and organized leagues.

come on guys FBs way too cool of a cat to participate in a "cheesefest" like the Madden Challenge! ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Video Games