Madden Challenge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Challenge

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:04 pm

The few times I played online (not Madden challenge) it was a cheese fest. People either throw it deep to Moss on every play or find some money play that works every time and if it doesn't work they run with Vick. What a bunch of stupidity. I have alot more fun playing the computer, and that's sad.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:11 am

bagobonez wrote:The few times I played online (not Madden challenge) it was a cheese fest. People either throw it deep to Moss on every play or find some money play that works every time and if it doesn't work they run with Vick. What a bunch of stupidity. I have alot more fun playing the computer, and that's sad.

You'll find much of the same if you make it any reasonable distance in the Madden Challenge, at least that's how it was in '03 and I imagine it's only gotten worse since then.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:11 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I don't generally brag but I'm pretty big into Madden and I think most who have played me would say I'm pretty good. In '03 which is the only year I really ever tried to play ranked games, etc online I was ranked I think 42nd or so overall out of hundreds of thousands online. Since then I've quit that nonsense and stuck to strictly unranked games and organized leagues.

I have absolutely no desire to participate in the nano-glitching cheesefest also known as the Madden challenge.

come on guys FBs way too cool of a cat to participate in a "cheesefest" like the Madden Challenge! ;-)

Indeed.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:52 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
bagobonez wrote:The few times I played online (not Madden challenge) it was a cheese fest. People either throw it deep to Moss on every play or find some money play that works every time and if it doesn't work they run with Vick. What a bunch of stupidity. I have alot more fun playing the computer, and that's sad.

You'll find much of the same if you make it any reasonable distance in the Madden Challenge, at least that's how it was in '03 and I imagine it's only gotten worse since then.

I'm gonna disagree and say since '03 it's gotten better. I watched a show on G4 about the Madden Challenge and they showed decent portions of games in the finals in the regionals and the championship and it wasn't like that at all.

Online is another story but I haven't experienced anything like that while playing someone when they're standing right next to you.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Video Games