Tiki Barber
16%
Lamont Jordan
2%
Steven Jackson
4%

Total votes : 102

Postby Vanter » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:42 pm

Isn't anyone worried about Caddy and/or Brown having a sophomore slump? With these guys going in the end of the 1st / early 2nd round (depending on the league), I just can't help to think about last year's situation with Julius and Kevin Jones.

I also voted for Portis (addition of Saunders, 3rd year in the system, etc.), but I would really be happy with either back at the #4 or 5. Where it gets tricky is that #6 pick.
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:48 am

Tiki is the man. He has a great attitude, a fantastic work ethic, and a talented core around him. I'm almost talking myself into it, but I'm taking Portis here any and every chance I get. And I hate Portis.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby xted30 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:01 am

Portis is my choice here. He's young, has good vision and now has Saunders calling plays. He's quick and can break the long ones (which we are rewarded for in my league). It also helps that he's gone for 1500+ in 3 of 4 seasons. Not too shabby. I'll take him.
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:55 am

tiki... he was so consistent last season. Portis was pretty bad for the half the season... people have short memories around here.

Bring in Saunders ;-D , but it's going to take 2 seasons to implement his style. :-t .. it doesn't happen overnight folks. :~(

Brunnel, will he last?

Clinton is a great back, but for redraft... Tiki gets my nod.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:00 am

Vanter wrote:Isn't anyone worried about Caddy and/or Brown having a sophomore slump? With these guys going in the end of the 1st / early 2nd round (depending on the league), I just can't help to think about last year's situation with Julius and Kevin Jones.

I'm not as high on Caddy than I am on Brown.

I'm not worried about Brown at all. In fact, I'm predicting a very, very good season. I'm worried about Caddy's durability and that OL in Tampa.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Irish_Assassin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:42 pm

My choice would be Clinton Portis. I have Tiki Barber a close 5th, but I have to give the edge to Portis because he is younger, Al Saunders is the new offensive coordinator, better offensive line in Washington, and he is more of a home-run threat.
Irish_Assassin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JakeTrain72 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:53 pm

I keep hearing Tiki without a doubt in PPR leagues. Tiki had around 50 and Portis around 30 so that is a 20 point difference. I think Portis will have at least 4 rush TDs more than Tiki which is 24 points. Sure Tiki may score 1-2 TDs receiving as well, but I just can't see how everyone seems to think a PPR league gives Tiki the clear cut edge. When you have 2 guys within 10-15 points of each other it isn't clear cut since you are predicting the future. I'm not saying one shouldnt be more inclined to take Tiki more in a PPR league, but it isn't as one-sided as many are making it out to be. Tiki is not going to get as many receptions this year and Portis will get around the same or more and I think with Saunders Portis will get a receiving TD or two this season.

I'm taking Portis over Tiki at 4 in EVERY format.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk