What book are you reading right now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What book are you reading right now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:50 pm

The_Captain wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Er...with my family out of town for the past 2 months, I've had lots of reading time. I've read Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan, and now I'm going through the Harry Potter series...again. I'm finishing up the 4th book, about to start #5.

Yes I read Harry Potter. :-D

I have heard many great things about the Potter books but have never read any of them.....

Forget the fact that they're written for tweens. They're really good stories, especially the later books. And since they're written for tweens, they're an easy read. I usually breeze right through them.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:53 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Er...with my family out of town for the past 2 months, I've had lots of reading time. I've read Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan, and now I'm going through the Harry Potter series...again. I'm finishing up the 4th book, about to start #5.

I have heard many great things about the Potter books but have never read any of them.....

Forget the fact that they're written for tweens. They're really good stories, especially the later books. And since they're written for tweens, they're an easy read. I usually breeze right through them.

I used to work with a guy who read all the books like 4 times in a row....

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:54 pm

Playboy ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:58 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Playboy ;-D

Just for the articles right? :-b

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:23 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
The_Captain wrote:

I've read all the Harry Potter books. I like them.

Right now I just finished up with The Hitchhiker's Guide series, ending with Mostly Harmless. I was completely underwhelmed. I "get" British humor and all, but these books are WAYYYYY over rated. I'm glad I read them, but with Adams' stated purpose to meld comedy and Sci-Fi together, I only laughed out loud one time. And that was for some one-liner that I can't remember.

I'm thinking of reading the Eragon series now. I see they're making Eragon into a movie, so maybe it's worth reading before I see it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:33 pm

right now im really getting into Harlan Coben books. Im reading Drop Shot right now. i would recomend Gone for Good, No Second Chance, and Tell No One
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:37 pm

Every Young Man's Battle
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:43 pm

im a big fan of all pirate movies but have never really heard much about the real lives of pirates. im only 40 pages in and i havent learned much i didnt already know. book seems to have a lot of potential.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrblitz » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:09 pm

I am reading my fantasy mags. That's about all I read, besides to local newspaper.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby logan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:56 pm

haven't started reading it as of yet as i just got it today but i can not wait. the classic characters all back for a new series taking place after dragons of autumn twilight ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk