What book are you reading right now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What book are you reading right now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sox 06 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:03 pm

Just finished reading Slaughterhouse Five. Weird but good book. ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby danleroi22 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:34 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:Read any of Ted Dekker's books.

A fantastic read is "Obsessed" about Nazi Prison camps... a treasure lost to WW2, and a serial killer...

Not to mention, the Israeli obsession with Survival and treasure vs. Nazi obsession with power stemmed throughout.

Ted Dekker is a really good author.

Has anybody read the book thr3e?

Or House?

Those are both good books ;-D

Certainly my favorite ;-D I've read all of his fiction books except for one or two of the heaven series.

Thr3e was great, House was amazing (the part he wrote anyways)

Yeah, Peretti wasn't at his finest in House. :-/

Anyway, Thr3e is coming out on film next month and house sometime next week. They are both rated R I think and are supposed to be really good movies. ;-D

Thr3e is already out... I saw it in theatres about 3 months ago... good movie for an independant low budget... although they could use a little help in the graphics department.

It's rated PG-13

House is coming out later this year... I'm not sure when. I keep up with that kind of thing on his website.

I had to travel about 15-20 miles just to find a theatre showing Thr3e. Appearantly it wasn't that popular. It's coming out on movie in about 2 months. ;-D
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:49 pm

danleroi22 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:Read any of Ted Dekker's books.

A fantastic read is "Obsessed" about Nazi Prison camps... a treasure lost to WW2, and a serial killer...

Not to mention, the Israeli obsession with Survival and treasure vs. Nazi obsession with power stemmed throughout.

Ted Dekker is a really good author.

Has anybody read the book thr3e?

Or House?

Those are both good books ;-D

Certainly my favorite ;-D I've read all of his fiction books except for one or two of the heaven series.

Thr3e was great, House was amazing (the part he wrote anyways)

Yeah, Peretti wasn't at his finest in House. :-/

Anyway, Thr3e is coming out on film next month and house sometime next week. They are both rated R I think and are supposed to be really good movies. ;-D

Thr3e is already out... I saw it in theatres about 3 months ago... good movie for an independant low budget... although they could use a little help in the graphics department.

It's rated PG-13

House is coming out later this year... I'm not sure when. I keep up with that kind of thing on his website.

I had to travel about 15-20 miles just to find a theatre showing Thr3e. Appearantly it wasn't that popular. It's coming out on movie in about 2 months. ;-D

Yeah, I heard mid-April on the date and yeah, there wasn't a theater for two hours that is showing it. :-t

A friend told me that Dekker said that thr3e will look like a kid's movie after House comes out. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:58 pm

i'm about 150 pages into Moneyball right now. I love it! ;-D
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby roninmedia » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Reading "The World is Flat".
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FBBVirgin » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:30 pm

Not sure if this book was mentioned (too lazy to read all pages), but I just started Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States.

If you remember your old history text books in school starting off with the Pilgrims landing and everyone is happy-go-lucky, and you were somewhat wary of this...do yourself a favor and get this book.

It is going to be a long read for me. Not due to the 700 plus pages, but because I cannot read more than 4-5 pages without having to put it down. It is difficult to read some of the horrendous things people have had to go through for us to be where we are (even if they didn't HAVE to).

I am rambling...anyone read this book? Comments?
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sox 06 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:35 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:Not sure if this book was mentioned (too lazy to read all pages), but I just started Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States.

If you remember your old history text books in school starting off with the Pilgrims landing and everyone is happy-go-lucky, and you were somewhat wary of this...do yourself a favor and get this book.

It is going to be a long read for me. Not due to the 700 plus pages, but because I cannot read more than 4-5 pages without having to put it down. It is difficult to read some of the horrendous things people have had to go through for us to be where we are (even if they didn't HAVE to).

My history teacher copies parts of that book for my class to read. I just finished reading chapter 7.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby FBBVirgin » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:37 pm

sox 06 wrote:
FBBVirgin wrote:Not sure if this book was mentioned (too lazy to read all pages), but I just started Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States.

My history teacher copies parts of that book for my class to read. I just finished reading chapter 7.

Your history teacher is a good one. As disturbing as some of it is, the truth should not be "edited" by our government.
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby confused_jake » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:38 pm

I started re-reading the most recent harry potter book again, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. its a pretty good book, the series is a really good read.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:42 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:
sox 06 wrote:

Your history teacher is a good one. As disturbing as some of it is, the truth should not be "edited" by our government.

I read the vast majority of the book last year in US history. It was an eye opener thats for sure. But before you go taking it as the gospel you've got to remember that just because its written in a book doesnt mean its true. You've got to consider the source (howard zinn). Honestly i dont know enough about history to say that what hes written is absolute truth or a bunch of crap but i wouldnt be all that surprised if its not all historical fact. Its hard to write something and not put your own spin on it.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk