What book are you reading right now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What book are you reading right now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:22 pm

logan wrote:[img]Dragonlance Cover[/img]

haven't started reading it as of yet as i just got it today but i can not wait. the classic characters all back for a new series taking place after dragons of autumn twilight ;-D

Going back to the well one more time, huh? ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:42 am

knapplc wrote:
logan wrote:[img]Dragonlance Cover[/img]

haven't started reading it as of yet as i just got it today but i can not wait. the classic characters all back for a new series taking place after dragons of autumn twilight ;-D

Going back to the well one more time, huh? ;-)

i'm a weis and hickman whore. i have every book they have written ,both together and solo. plus the original series are pretty much my favorite books ever so yeah. ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:38 am

knapplc wrote:I'm thinking of reading the Eragon series now. I see they're making Eragon into a movie, so maybe it's worth reading before I see it.

Yes, they are good books. The first one is a bit childish at points, but the second one is written a lot better, because paolini wrote it when he was older. I definitely recommend reading the series.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:53 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm thinking of reading the Eragon series now. I see they're making Eragon into a movie, so maybe it's worth reading before I see it.

Yes, they are good books. The first one is a bit childish at points, but the second one is written a lot better, because paolini wrote it when he was older. I definitely recommend reading the series.

If you guys like that kind of stuff, I highly recommend "The Sword of Truth" series, by Terry Goodkind. I'm currently reading "Chainfire" (book 9). These are some great books. I like the genre, but by no means is it the only genre I read. My Dad, on the other hand, usually doesn't read this genre at all, and he is completely hooked on this series. At the very least, you have to read the first book... "The Wizard's First Rule".

Knapp, I've noticed that you and I share a lot of the same opinions when it comes to movies and music and such. Give this book a try, you won't regret it.

Oh, BTW... these books are "R" rated (for violence, not sex). They are definitely NOT children's books.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:43 am

i dont read alot, but have a few books i need to read...one is The Watchmen graphic novel and the other is some Star Wars book that takes place right after Episode III
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:14 am

I'm not reading anything now. but the last book i read was this one. it's awesome.

Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby suppasonic » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:04 pm

I'm just doing a little light summer reading. War and Peace by mister Leo Tolstoy.
suppasonic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:09 pm

suppasonic wrote:I'm just doing a little light summer reading. War and Peace by mister Leo Tolstoy.

How do you like it? I've never picked it up but it's been on the "maybe" list for ages.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:29 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:

Huge fan of these books, can't wait for the third. But as for my summer reading I have to read these four books "Fast Food Nation" "Riding the Bus with my Sister" "There are no children Here" and ones of these two for an "A''
The Working Poor: Invisible In America
Mountains Beyond Mountains
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:49 pm

Tiki wrote: But as for my summer reading I have to read these four books "Fast Food Nation" "Riding the Bus with my Sister" "There are no children Here" and ones of these two for an "A''
The Working Poor: Invisible In America
Mountains Beyond Mountains

8-o

Those all sound like real page-turners. I don't know, Tiki - if I were forced to read these books I might consider gouging out my eyes and claiming blindness as an excuse.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk