What book are you reading right now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What book are you reading right now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What book are you reading right now??

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:57 am

treat24 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Is that Dangerous Book For Dogs real? I just bought The Dangerous Book For Boys and it's pretty cool. I recommend it for anyone with young kids, especially boys. It has tons of neat info, and basically tells you lots of stuff you should know, like how to make your own bow & arrow, how to build a go-kart (gravity powered), how to build paper airplanes, plus grammar, history, famous quotes, some Shakespeare bits... all kinds of awesome stuff for young kids.

Also, since I'm in here, I'm reading The Count Of Monte Christo for the second time. What an awesome book. I just got done reading The Wind in the Willows, and I highly recommend that as well. Count is one of my top three all-time greatest books, though. Everyone should read it.

Yes, it's real... I have The Dangerous Book for Boys, I saw the dogs one and laughed so I bought it. It's written from 2 dogs point of view. How to get costumes off, how to escape from yards, etc etc ... very funny stuff.

I've read both the books you mentioned as well ;-D

(not to mention, this thread could use a bump... i need a new real book to dive into as well... looking for a few suggestions... kind of...)

Yeah I reviewed The Dangerous Book For Boys a while back after I got it for Christmas, I really liked it to...fun little book. Knapp you have a little girl or girls right? (sorry I forget) Anyway they have a book like The Dangerous Book For Boys for girls called The Daring Book For Girls, you should check it out. I've never heard of the Dog one that hilarious, I'll have to pick that one up. :-b ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Yeah, I have a little girl. Those two books were on the same display, but the Boys book seemed better. The Girls book was like how to sew and how to bake. Meh.

Every year the in-laws give me a huge gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. It's almost April and I haven't spent it yet. :-b Maybe I'll go get that Girls book, because although she thinks the dinosaur and space and secret ink stuff are cool in the Boys book, she's hung up on the fact that it's the Boys book. I keep telling her it's OK because I'm a boy so I can read it with her, but she's still got concerns. She's funny. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:30 pm

knapplc wrote:Yeah, I have a little girl. Those two books were on the same display, but the Boys book seemed better. The Girls book was like how to sew and how to bake. Meh.

Every year the in-laws give me a huge gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. It's almost April and I haven't spent it yet. :-b Maybe I'll go get that Girls book, because although she thinks the dinosaur and space and secret ink stuff are cool in the Boys book, she's hung up on the fact that it's the Boys book. I keep telling her it's OK because I'm a boy so I can read it with her, but she's still got concerns. She's funny. :-D

Thats too funny, kids are awesome. You should just cut the binding and cover off the books a switch em. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Sat May 10, 2008 11:42 am

Finished the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R. R. Martin. I'm telling you, if you're a fan of Lord of the Rings or anything even remotely close to that, you will absolutely love this series. It's a must read for everyone. No one should die without having read this series.

Also read I Am Legend. Haven't seen the movie yet but the book was pretty interesting although very short.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat May 10, 2008 12:04 pm

I have not heard of your first book, but "I Am Legend" is much better in it's print version than the film version. At least to me it is.

Edited due to nonsensery
Last edited by Canucks_Fantasy on Sat May 10, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat May 10, 2008 12:28 pm

I just finished reading All The President's Men, and I have to admit that it was a pretty good read. History-type books written by reporters always seem to be better because they aren't written in that boring history teacher "blah blah blah" style.

I had no idea how little I knew about Watergate... :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat May 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I have not heard of your first book, but "I Am Legend" is a much in it's print version than the film version. At least to me it is.

Well "A Song of Ice and Fire" is actually the name of a series that currently has 4 books and a 5th pending... the 4 books names are

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows

each novel is over 800 pages in length so you're basically getting 2 novels in one. I really do suggest to anyone to read them, whether you're a fan of fantasy fiction or not, they're excellent reads. They have humor, action, sinister plots, romance, betrayal, twists, surprises, everything you want.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat May 10, 2008 8:52 pm

asnybody reading the series of books by Vince Fynn with Mitch Rapp as a CIA off the books asassin?

If you like the spy type novels they are about the best I have read in the fiction area. Don't have to read them in order as they are all stand alone books. There maybe a couple things in each book that if you haven't read the one before you weon't understand. Like if you get one of the last 2 books you will wonder what happened to his wife.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby bagobonez » Sat May 10, 2008 9:00 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:asnybody reading the series of books by Vince Fynn with Mitch Rapp as a CIA off the books asassin?

If you like the spy type novels they are about the best I have read in the fiction area. Don't have to read them in order as they are all stand alone books. There maybe a couple things in each book that if you haven't read the one before you weon't understand. Like if you get one of the last 2 books you will wonder what happened to his wife.

No, sounds interesting though. is it fiction or non fiction?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat May 10, 2008 9:01 pm

bagobonez wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:asnybody reading the series of books by Vince Fynn with Mitch Rapp as a CIA off the books asassin?

No, sounds interesting though. is it fiction or non fiction?

Fiction.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk