What book are you reading right now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What book are you reading right now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:57 pm

knapplc wrote:
Tiki wrote: But as for my summer reading I have to read these four books "Fast Food Nation" "Riding the Bus with my Sister" "There are no children Here" and ones of these two for an "A''
The Working Poor: Invisible In America
Mountains Beyond Mountains

8-o

Those all sound like real page-turners. I don't know, Tiki - if I were forced to read these books I might consider gouging out my eyes and claiming blindness as an excuse.
Fast Food Nation is ok, that's the only one I've started. !+) it's not gunna be fun in the these coming weeks reading the rest of these most likely terrible books! :-t
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:58 pm

Tiki wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Tiki wrote: But as for my summer reading I have to read these four books "Fast Food Nation" "Riding the Bus with my Sister" "There are no children Here" and ones of these two for an "A''
The Working Poor: Invisible In America
Mountains Beyond Mountains

8-o

Those all sound like real page-turners. I don't know, Tiki - if I were forced to read these books I might consider gouging out my eyes and claiming blindness as an excuse.
Fast Food Nation is ok, that's the only one I've started. !+) it's not gunna be fun in the these coming weeks reading the rest of these most likely terrible books! :-t

I'm all about learning and reading and my opinion is the more books you read the better, but for goodness' sake, they can't come up with anything more interesting than these?

Good luck, my man. Assignments like this make me glad that my high school days are LOOONG gone by.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bolkonsky » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:12 pm

suppasonic wrote:I'm just doing a little light summer reading. War and Peace by mister Leo Tolstoy.

See my handle.

So good that to comment on it might take hours.
Hello, China? I have something you may want. But it's gonna cost you. That's right. All the tea.
bolkonsky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bolkonsky » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:15 pm

Almost forgot...currently reading The World According to Garp, Story (about screenplays) and a collection of Hemingway short stories. Ernest is the man.
Hello, China? I have something you may want. But it's gonna cost you. That's right. All the tea.
bolkonsky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:57 pm

Hunting Down Saddam - The Inside Story of the Search and Capture

by Robin Moore
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:07 pm

bump

reading Travels with Charley: In Search of America, by John Steinbeck for required summer reading.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The_Captain » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:40 pm

I just finished "Fear Nothing" by Dean Koontz.

What an incredible book! I've enjoyed reading Koontz's matieral for the past 12 years but haven't enjoyed a book by him this much since Intensity.

For those who like the supernatural thrillers with a solid plot and funny characters this book is worth the read. I finished it in a couple of weeks (I'm a slow reader) and I'm getting ready to start Seize the Night which is the second book to "Fear Nothing". This is the first time (that I can remember) Koontz using the same characters for two books.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:51 pm

I'm reading a book called Rules of Prey by John Sanford. I like it so far, although this is the first book I've read of this type of genre...
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:22 pm

I'm reading The Pilgram's Progress by John Bunyan... finishing up the book in a few days. I liked part one better than part two of the book. Both are good though.

Next book on my list is Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:29 pm

I just finished Drop Shot by Harlan Coben. It was a good book but not his best.

Im currently reading Just One Look by Coben. I really like his writing style. It rings true to me.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk