What book are you reading right now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What book are you reading right now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What book are you reading right now??

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:05 pm

hastur wrote:Speak and Grow Rich by Dottie Walters. I'm about 3 months away from holding my first seminar/workshop, and this book is a great one.

Review on Amazon:

Dottie Walters and her daughter Lilly are the gurus of the public speaking business and they have created a wonderful book; and I dare say it is the best book on how to promote yourself as a public speaker. Public Speaking is a profession of tremendous integrity, so who better to write about it than Dottie. Dottie is one of my success mentors and this book has played a huge role in helping me to be a successful speaker and consultant. Because of her I am a better PROMOTER of myself.

Dottie Walters has been a proactive promoter of the Speakers Bureau Business and was the founder of Association of Speaker Bureau Owners. Dottie covers every aspect of the speaking business as a proactive thinker, using smart thinking, system thinking, futuristic thinking, and positive thinking. Dottie is the hallmark of a proactive thinker because she is highly motivated, achieve her dreams, recognizes opportunities, overcomes failures, has exceptional values, and promots good change. If you are truly seeking the kind of success and abundance that makes your life 100% livable - you must get this book. Some of the ideas she promotes are found in SUCCESS BOUND, another book built on learning how to live a proactive life by eliminating the fear of failure.

I recommend that you get Speak and Grow Rich, even if Public Speaking is just a spark of an idea in your mind. It will begin to give you the ability to see that with the right topic and the enthusiasm that comes with a definite major purpose, that you can be a confident public speaker too.

After thirty five years of being on both sides of the podium, nothing beats knowing the subject your are speaking about. Delivering the key points and anticipating questions roundout my top three success tips for public speaking.

I'm not an expert but there are many books about this subject...wonder who did the Amazon review?
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hastur » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:
hastur wrote:Speak and Grow Rich by Dottie Walters. I'm about 3 months away from holding my first seminar/workshop, and this book is a great one.

Review on Amazon:

Dottie Walters and her daughter Lilly are the gurus of the public speaking business and they have created a wonderful book; and I dare say it is the best book on how to promote yourself as a public speaker. Public Speaking is a profession of tremendous integrity, so who better to write about it than Dottie. Dottie is one of my success mentors and this book has played a huge role in helping me to be a successful speaker and consultant. Because of her I am a better PROMOTER of myself.

Dottie Walters has been a proactive promoter of the Speakers Bureau Business and was the founder of Association of Speaker Bureau Owners. Dottie covers every aspect of the speaking business as a proactive thinker, using smart thinking, system thinking, futuristic thinking, and positive thinking. Dottie is the hallmark of a proactive thinker because she is highly motivated, achieve her dreams, recognizes opportunities, overcomes failures, has exceptional values, and promots good change. If you are truly seeking the kind of success and abundance that makes your life 100% livable - you must get this book. Some of the ideas she promotes are found in SUCCESS BOUND, another book built on learning how to live a proactive life by eliminating the fear of failure.

I recommend that you get Speak and Grow Rich, even if Public Speaking is just a spark of an idea in your mind. It will begin to give you the ability to see that with the right topic and the enthusiasm that comes with a definite major purpose, that you can be a confident public speaker too.

After thirty five years of being on both sides of the podium, nothing beats knowing the subject your are speaking about. Delivering the key points and anticipating questions roundout my top three success tips for public speaking.

I'm not an expert but there are many books about this subject...wonder who did the Amazon review?

I have several books on public speaking, this just happens to be the one I'm reading right now. I've also been in Toastmasters for a few years. I completely agree you have to know your subject inside and out.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:19 pm

I read one a few years back but for the life of me I can't remember who it was written by...have to look when I get off this business trip.

Back at ya on the Go Cowboys! ;-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Honor Denied - The Combat Memoirs of SS Radio Operator Karl Metzger, by karl Metzger & Paul Harker. WWII book from the perspective of a German soldier who served on both the Western & Eastern front.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Wow it's been a while for this thread. Anyway, I've decided to read The Godfather. I'm going to Europe in a few days, so it should be a good read to sink my teeth into for the long plane rides.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Reading The Longest Winter, a book about the Battle of the Bulge and the platoon that singlehandedly held up the German army's main attack force. What I love is the fact that the Allies were pathetically unprepared for the attack and ignored countless signs of the attack that came from the front, something that no American history book has ever mentioned. It's a good, extremely detailed read with excellent research.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:43 pm

The Texas Penal Code. :-b
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guru13 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 pm

bagobonez wrote:The Texas Penal Code. :-b

And I bet it's riveting. :-B
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:21 am

I just started A Fish Caught in Time: The Search for the Coelacanth by Samantha Weinberg. Pretty cool.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Act of Treason by Vince Flynn. Good book. Not an OMGGBE!! but I still read it straight through during a long night of insomnia.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk