What book are you reading right now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What book are you reading right now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:28 am

Jimboozie wrote:I'm reading Penthouse. ;-D

"...I never thought I'd be writing to you guys, but one day when I was browsing my favorite fantasy football forum my girlfriend and her friend came back from the beach and said, 'Is it hot in here or is it just you?' "
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:41 am

knapplc wrote:

"...I never thought I'd be writing to you guys, but one day when I was browsing my favorite fantasy football forum my girlfriend and her friend came back from the beach and said, 'Is it hot in here or is it just you?' "

there aint no beaches in nebraska. :-b
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:43 am

Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I'm assuming there are where Jimboozie lives. I should have made it more clear that I was writing that as if I were JimB.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:44 am

knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I'm assuming there are where Jimboozie lives. I should have made it more clear that I was writing that as if I were JimB.

yeah i figured. I know you're not that pimpilicious :-b
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:46 am

Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Me? Nah. I'm just a simple married man. No pimp-ness at all.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:51 am

knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:

What did I start? :-o :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 am

Dadd wrote:
josebach wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm thinking of reading the Eragon series now. I see they're making Eragon into a movie, so maybe it's worth reading before I see it.

Yes, they are good books. The first one is a bit childish at points, but the second one is written a lot better, because paolini wrote it when he was older. I definitely recommend reading the series.

If you guys like that kind of stuff, I highly recommend "The Sword of Truth" series, by Terry Goodkind. I'm currently reading "Chainfire" (book 9). These are some great books. I like the genre, but by no means is it the only genre I read. My Dad, on the other hand, usually doesn't read this genre at all, and he is completely hooked on this series. At the very least, you have to read the first book... "The Wizard's First Rule".

Knapp, I've noticed that you and I share a lot of the same opinions when it comes to movies and music and such. Give this book a try, you won't regret it.

Oh, BTW... these books are "R" rated (for violence, not sex). They are definitely NOT children's books.

I have the exact same taste as you do josebach.
The Eragon series is great, waiting for the next book eagerly. And great call on the Sword of Truth series.

I just finished reading "The Book of the Dead" by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child. Features a FBI agent Pendergast, a modern day "Sherlock Holmes". They've written several books with this character. Great read!

And for the fantasy readers, George RR Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice is a captivating series. He's done 4 books for far. Very in-depth, especially with the character development.

You have great taste!!! ;-)

The only Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child book I read was Relic. Good book, horrible movie.

I just finished Phantom in the "Sword of Truth" series. I'm so bummed. I've read all 10 of those books in a row and book 11 (the final book) won't be out until 2008 sometime. How frustrating is that? Actually, it's not to bad because I'll just read the last few books again before book 11 comes. ;-D

I'm going to do the same thing with the Harry Potter books. I'll read all 6 of them again and time it so that I finish with book 6 right when book 7 comes out.

Currently, I'm reading a book called Archangel that a friend of mine recommended. Too early to tell if it's going to be good or not, though.

I'll have to check out those others you mentioned.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:44 am

The_Captain wrote:I just finished "Fear Nothing" by Dean Koontz.

What an incredible book! I've enjoyed reading Koontz's matieral for the past 12 years but haven't enjoyed a book by him this much since Intensity.

For those who like the supernatural thrillers with a solid plot and funny characters this book is worth the read. I finished it in a couple of weeks (I'm a slow reader) and I'm getting ready to start Seize the Night which is the second book to "Fear Nothing". This is the first time (that I can remember) Koontz using the same characters for two books.

I'm a Koontz fan as well, have you read "Odd Thomas?" I absolutly loved that book. Odd Thomas sees the dead and helps some of them move on, I know what your thinking sounds like "The Sixth Sense." But its way different that that story. Fell in love with the main characters, I think I may have even teared up a little at the end. The plot twist to close the book is totaly unexpected. Koontz also wrote a sequal to this book using the same characters called "Forever Odd." I've read it as well but was a little dissapointed. It was still a good read but it doesnt hold a candle to the first.

Also I just finnished "Cell" by Stephen King, great book. I love world destruction or apocalyptic stories. Great read.

I'm currently reading "Post Office" by Charles Bukowski. as soon as I finish that I'm going to attempt to tackle the "Dark Tower" series by Stephen King. My girlfriend just finished the last book and said it was the best series shed ever read. Many of my friends have read it as well and say its awsome.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:07 am

Metroid wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I just finished "Fear Nothing" by Dean Koontz.

What an incredible book! I've enjoyed reading Koontz's matieral for the past 12 years but haven't enjoyed a book by him this much since Intensity.

For those who like the supernatural thrillers with a solid plot and funny characters this book is worth the read. I finished it in a couple of weeks (I'm a slow reader) and I'm getting ready to start Seize the Night which is the second book to "Fear Nothing". This is the first time (that I can remember) Koontz using the same characters for two books.

I'm a Koontz fan as well, have you read "Odd Thomas?" I absolutly loved that book. Odd Thomas sees the dead and helps some of them move on, I know what your thinking sounds like "The Sixth Sense." But its way different that that story. Fell in love with the main characters, I think I may have even teared up a little at the end. The plot twist to close the book is totaly unexpected. Koontz also wrote a sequal to this book using the same characters called "Forever Odd." I've read it as well but was a little dissapointed. It was still a good read but it doesnt hold a candle to the first.

Also I just finnished "Cell" by Stephen King, great book. I love world destruction or apocalyptic stories. Great read.

I'm currently reading "Post Office" by Charles Bukowski. as soon as I finish that I'm going to attempt to tackle the "Dark Tower" series by Stephen King. My girlfriend just finished the last book and said it was the best series shed ever read. Many of my friends have read it as well and say its awsome.

I haven't read Koontz in a while. I used to steal my Dad's Koontz books before he started going to the library to save money... damn library!!!

My favorite Koontz book was always Dark Rivers of the Heart.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:12 am

Jimboozie wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:

What did I start? :-o :-b

they probably wouldve found a way to start it w/o you Jimbo.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk