What book are you reading right now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What book are you reading right now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:23 pm

I am currently finishing the worst borefest of a book of all time well probably not all time. I got a book by a dude named ward carroll a best selling author of another book The Aide. My book is called Militia Kill. sounded cool on the back cover, kind of a David Koresch's cult thing with a military flavor. However the book (paper back) is 400 pages and 41 chapters whcih could've been shortened to 10 chapters and 100 pages. I can't believe someone actually pulished this crap. This is by far one of the most overwhelming reasons I hate to read books
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dadd » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I am currently finishing the worst borefest of a book of all time well probably not all time. I got a book by a dude named ward carroll a best selling author of another book The Aide. My book is called Militia Kill. sounded cool on the back cover, kind of a David Koresch's cult thing with a military flavor. However the book (paper back) is 400 pages and 41 chapters whcih could've been shortened to 10 chapters and 100 pages. I can't believe someone actually pulished this crap. This is by far one of the most overwhelming reasons I hate to read books

You could use the recommendations of friends and Cafe members to choose your reading material. As opposed to picking them from their weird cult sounding name. ;-)
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:37 pm

Dadd wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:I am currently finishing the worst borefest of a book of all time well probably not all time. I got a book by a dude named ward carroll a best selling author of another book The Aide. My book is called Militia Kill. sounded cool on the back cover, kind of a David Koresch's cult thing with a military flavor. However the book (paper back) is 400 pages and 41 chapters whcih could've been shortened to 10 chapters and 100 pages. I can't believe someone actually pulished this crap. This is by far one of the most overwhelming reasons I hate to read books

You could use the recommendations of friends and Cafe members to choose your reading material. As opposed to picking them from their weird cult sounding name. ;-)

meh . . . those guys are idiots 8-o :-b

Besides I thouhgt it sounded like a cool military book. The first few pages I flipped through were interesting enough, ATF stuff. and then as it turned out after some charachter building pages it turned into a a big ball of crap.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:51 pm

Interesting thread, I'll have to go back and read the whole thing... ;-D

I just finished State of Fear by Crichton. I thought it was great. ;-D

Now I'm reading the latest Janet Evanovich book, can't remember the name. It's a series about this bounty hunter chick. They're pretty funny books, but nothing mind blowing. I've read the first 11 and 12 just came out, so I'm on that now. Quick reads, and good for a few laughs.

After that I'll be reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I've heard good things so I picked up a copy a week or so ago. I'm pumped. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dadd » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:56 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Interesting thread, I'll have to go back and read the whole thing... ;-D

I just finished State of Fear by Crichton. I thought it was great. ;-D

Now I'm reading the latest Janet Evanovich book, can't remember the name. It's a series about this bounty hunter chick. They're pretty funny books, but nothing mind blowing. I've read the first 11 and 12 just came out, so I'm on that now. Quick reads, and good for a few laughs.

After that I'll be reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I've heard good things so I picked up a copy a week or so ago. I'm pumped. ;-D

I've read some of those. You're right, nothing too mind-stimulating. If you want to read and not strain the brain, they're pretty good.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guru13 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:08 pm

in the process of reading "The Last Juror" by John Grisham, I really like his books, it's awesom so far. I really suggest it, but I also suggest reading "A Time to Kill" by him first, easily one of the best books ever, yes that's right, ever, I'm not joking. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Metroid wrote: as soon as I finish that I'm going to attempt to tackle the "Dark Tower" series by Stephen King. My girlfriend just finished the last book and said it was the best series shed ever read. Many of my friends have read it as well and say its awsome.

Wow! You have a cool girlfriend. Let me know if she ever becomes single. ;-)

The series is amazing. The first book is kind of dry but if you make it to the second one you'll want to finish the entire series, guaranteed. ;-D

If your girl needs something new to read, tell her to grab Dune. Similar series and length, but more intelligent subject matter.
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:38 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
Metroid wrote: as soon as I finish that I'm going to attempt to tackle the "Dark Tower" series by Stephen King. My girlfriend just finished the last book and said it was the best series shed ever read. Many of my friends have read it as well and say its awsome.

Wow! You have a cool girlfriend. Let me know if she ever becomes single. ;-)

The series is amazing. The first book is kind of dry but if you make it to the second one you'll want to finish the entire series, guaranteed. ;-D

If your girl needs something new to read, tell her to grab Dune. Similar series and length, but more intelligent subject matter.

Tell me about it, she has really good taste(except in men :-b )and occasionaly likes to make out with her girlfriends which is hot. ;-D

I've always wanted to read Dune thanx for the idea I'll be sure to pass it on to her. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Metroid wrote:Tell me about it, she has really good taste(except in men :-b )and occasionaly likes to make out with her girlfriends which is hot. ;-D

Makes out with her girlfriends, huh? I'm afraid I don't believe you.. I'm going to need to see a few pictures as proof. B-)

The Metroid series is one of my all-time favorites too, by the way.
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby citybirds27 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:00 pm

For AP euro, I just read The Prince and Utopia

Prince was the most boringest book ever, it took me about a week to do it, and Utopia was wayyy better, finishesd it in aobut 3 days.
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk