Will Portis Play Week 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Portis Play Week 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Airzoom32 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:23 pm

Zimm - that is basically what I have heard to from one of my friends in Denver. I guess they dont think that this will eb a lingering injury if he would just avoid contact for a week. For that reason I am putting Portis on the bench this week and starting Anderson. Anderson will have a big week, and since he didnt tear anything in his knee...you can be sure he is going to come back and have a big week simply because he is one tough SOB. In my opinion all Portis owners should bench him this week...and then watch him put up big numbers from next week on once he is healthy again.
Airzoom32
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Da Ballhog » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:36 pm

I think I will be playing Anderson as my flex in place of driver, unless something happens between now and Sunday. Anderson will have a huge game if he starts and stays in.
Da Ballhog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:25 pm

Good lord, I wish I could avoid this situation.....but, you know how fantasy goes. I picked up Q when it looked like he would get the start, but with byes he's the only RB I have who even has a chance of getting carries. Now I gotta hope for the Denver blowout so he can mop up and maybe get a cheap TD. Ugh.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:47 pm

"Sep 27--The bruised sternum of running back Clinton Portis is not improving, and the Broncos won't know for certain until game time whether or not their star running back will be available for this week's tilt with the Lions. Portis practiced a little Friday, according to ESPN.com, but wasn't able to do much. If Portis doesn't go, Mike Anderson and Quentin Griffin will get the carries."

Anderson AND Q? RBBC in Denver this week?
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk