this years Steve Smith? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

this years Steve Smith?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:31 pm

steelerfan04 wrote:
mikus wrote:Joe Horn anyone? This is a Pro Bowl receiver who was hampered by leg injuries last year, but we all know how tough this guy is mentally and physically. If he can stay healthy, you will see a 90+, 1000, 10 TD guy again, especially with a new QB at the helm.

I see a good season for him, but not those kind of numbers. Sure he has a new QB, but hes only getting older and I don't see him posting numbers like he used to.

I dont see Horn posting big numbers again either. New Orleans actually has some weapons now. Stallworth coming on last year, Hilton could make strides this year and Reggie Bush will all eat into his numbers.

I do like the Roy Williams and Donald Driver picks alot. Both should have nice years from where they are being drafted.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teacupwoozy » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:39 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
steelerfan04 wrote:
mikus wrote:Joe Horn anyone? This is a Pro Bowl receiver who was hampered by leg injuries last year, but we all know how tough this guy is mentally and physically. If he can stay healthy, you will see a 90+, 1000, 10 TD guy again, especially with a new QB at the helm.

I see a good season for him, but not those kind of numbers. Sure he has a new QB, but hes only getting older and I don't see him posting numbers like he used to.

I dont see Horn posting big numbers again either. New Orleans actually has some weapons now. Stallworth coming on last year, Hilton could make strides this year and Reggie Bush will all eat into his numbers.

I do like the Roy Williams and Donald Driver picks alot. Both should have nice years from where they are being drafted.

Apart from their having other people to throw to, I don't understand why people can be so excited about Brees after that kind of injury... Why are people so confident in him after that, watching that happen was brutal, and that is not a good hurt for a QB. I see the same problems Pennington had last year in Brees future. Lack of being able to get out a long ball with a meh line.
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby vickfan07 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:58 pm

i like lee evans and andre johnson as guys to make the biggest strides.
vickfan07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby J2thez929 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:01 pm

I don't think anyone will duplicate what Steve Smith did last year but a few guys being drafting in the same range as Smith was last year are Driver, Ro. Williams, and J. Walker. I think all 3 will fare quite well but not put up 2005 S. Smith numbers.

If you are looking for later round guys with good potential then take a strong look at Reggie Brown and Michael Clayton.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelers39 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:16 pm

I'd say Javon Walker ;-D
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
steelers39
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:16 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:why any andre johnson love? has houston done anything to improve that oline?

Yes. Center Mike Flanagan from GB is older, but he's still got 1-2 good years left in him I think, and should anchor the interior for them. Both their 3nd rounders spent on a G and T were guys expected to go way earlier and ranked by most as at least top 5 in their position this years draft. Its not as much I think they should've done, but its a definite improvement. With Eric Moulds, they also make it harder for defenses to shut down AJ because they actually have to cover someone else too.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Swami » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:19 pm

How about Micheal Clayton? Guy played extremely well 2 years ago. Gets a lil banged up, has a teammate that steals all the attention and Clayton gets forgot about. Sound a lil like Smith anyone??
The Swami
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:23 pm

maddog60 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:why any andre johnson love? has houston done anything to improve that oline?

Yes. Center Mike Flanagan from GB is older, but he's still got 1-2 good years left in him I think, and should anchor the interior for them. Both their 3nd rounders spent on a G and T were guys expected to go way earlier and ranked by most as at least top 5 in their position this years draft. Its not as much I think they should've done, but its a definite improvement. With Eric Moulds, they also make it harder for defenses to shut down AJ because they actually have to cover someone else too.

alright well thanks for the info. ;-D havent really been keeping up with the houston info.

but what you explained really doesnt excite me much. basically they added an old center, a washed up wideout and a G and a T who probably arent even going to start correct? i dont see andre in the top 10 this year.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vickfan07 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:29 pm

i think these threads are unintelligent u should of said biggest wr breakout because what LJ and smith did last year wont be duplicated in a while.
vickfan07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mystykoekaki » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:42 pm

Well since you stated it as "This Years Steve Smith", then you must be asking us "What Wideout Will Come From An Injury, To Become The Number 1 Wideout?". The answer is plain as day because there really only is one choice. Javon Walker. But he won't become the number 1 wideout in a strong rushing orientated offense, so there is no answer. Sorry.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk