Rap music fans..what is everyone listening to now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Rap music fans..what is everyone listening to now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:44 pm

LukeW9027 wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
steelerfan04 wrote:
Tiki wrote:Anyone heard the new Pharrell CD (SP?)? :-?

Hated it, just not my type of music.

ditto.

Pharrell Sucks. He should can his high pitched and lame rhymes and stick to making beats.
Yikes! I guess I am the only fan! :-o
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:33 am

I bought the new Pharrell CD. And I think it's good, but I like his style of singing and rapping. It gets a 7/10 right now, but most CDs get better with time. Like 36 Chambers I didnt really like the CD as whole the first few times I listened to it, but now it's THE CD to own if you like rap. ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:35 pm

Tiki wrote:I bought the new Pharrell CD. And I think it's good, but I like his style of singing and rapping. It gets a 7/10 right now, but most CDs get better with time. Like 36 Chambers I didnt really like the CD as whole the first few times I listened to it, but now it's THE CD to own if you like rap. ;-D

Wow, I don't know if we should be mentioning 36 Chambers and Pharrell in the same thought. Somehow I don't think the new Pharrell CD will come close to being in the same vicinity of someone actually talking about the idea that one day if everything goes right that it will compare to the Wu.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:59 pm

Pharell is a rapper? I thought all he did were those little sing-song hooks. :-P
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:52 pm

daullaz wrote:
Tiki wrote:I bought the new Pharrell CD. And I think it's good, but I like his style of singing and rapping. It gets a 7/10 right now, but most CDs get better with time. Like 36 Chambers I didnt really like the CD as whole the first few times I listened to it, but now it's THE CD to own if you like rap. ;-D

Wow, I don't know if we should be mentioning 36 Chambers and Pharrell in the same thought. Somehow I don't think the new Pharrell CD will come close to being in the same vicinity of someone actually talking about the idea that one day if everything goes right that it will compare to the Wu.
Oh no I wasn't saying that Pharrell's new CD will be as good 36 chambers. Don't get it twisted Wu-Tang is my group, I am getting a fake ID so I can get into their concert. I was just saying in my case most Cds I listen too I dont really like the first time through, and I used and example of one of the greatest CDs ever, that I didnt really like at first. I thought it was a bad buy for about four/five days.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tiki » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:05 am

I bought Grand Imperial by Aceyalone, I though tit was his newest Cd, but I was wreong. It's ok. I really like his stlye kinds reminds me of Aesop Rock. But I think I like Aceyalone better. Hopefully gunna buy his newest CD when i find it. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:17 am

steelerfan04 wrote:
Tiki wrote:Anyone heard the new Pharrell CD (SP?)? :-?

Hated it, just not my type of music.

Same here. I simply cannot stand Pharrell. But to each his own...I'm sure they are others that like his style.

I did get the new Jurassic 5 and I'm digging it. The beats are definitely more mainstream-sounding, but the lyrics and messages are very similar to their other stuff (J5 lyrics can be summarized as "we are the best"...but hey, it's better than rims, hos, and shooting people).

Favorite songs are Future Sound, Red Hot, and Baby Please.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:45 am

Also heard J5s new cd. I hadn't really heard any of their stuff before this and I'm really liking it. Very good beats and lyrics. Favorite song of the new cd has to be Radio.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Emil420 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:33 am

KoRnholio wrote:I like alot of the Cash Money stuff...

anyone heard of Flipsyde?

I can't get the song "Someday" out of my head...good track.

they have another song called "Happy Birthday" which is really good.
Big Thanks to BGboothA for the sig!!
Emil420
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Vegas... where else in the world would anyone want to be?

Postby Emil420 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:35 am

J2thez929 wrote:Anybody know when DMX's new album hits stores?

The DMX was suppost to come out today....but.... I have listened to the whole thing and it really isn't worth buying it. Spend your money on Rhymefest.
Big Thanks to BGboothA for the sig!!
Emil420
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Vegas... where else in the world would anyone want to be?

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk