Question on RB’s in 2nd round - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question on RB’s in 2nd round

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question on RB’s in 2nd round

Postby Buck Naked » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:28 am

I’m drafting in 1st position in a 10 team standard yahoo league (No PPR). This means that I am guaranteed a stud RB.

My questions are for the 2nd round pick. Domanick Davis and Brain Westbrook are the top RB’s at that time (at least on my cheat sheet). Both have their positives and both are injury prone! Which one do y’all like better for a #2 RB and why? OR is there a better option/s?

Any advice is appreciated!!
Buck Naked Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby vt700guy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:32 am

Personally I don't like either one of them but I'll answer the question you asked and say that if I had to choose one, I'd choose Westbrook.

Reason: While Westbrook has plenty of injury concerns of his own, at least he's not going into camp with a bum knee to start with.
vt700guy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:47 am

Firstly, I don't think that you HAVE to go RB with that 2nd pick, or even the 3rd pick. I'd look to see if one of two things happen. Either

A. A solid RB will fall to you. Grab him and then take your #1 WR with your next pick.

B. 2 of the top WR (Moss, Owens, Smith, CJ, etc.) will fall to you. Then grab both of them. You don't need a 2nd RB at the turn here, especially becasue you already have one of the big 3 (whichever one you like).

Basically, don't just grab a medicore RB at the turn here if you don't need to. Therer are enough RB out there (think Ron Dayne, etc.) where you could wait and actually make your team better.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

I agree!

Postby mlavwilson » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:04 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Firstly, I don't think that you HAVE to go RB with that 2nd pick, or even the 3rd pick. I'd look to see if one of two things happen. Either

A. A solid RB will fall to you. Grab him and then take your #1 WR with your next pick.

B. 2 of the top WR (Moss, Owens, Smith, CJ, etc.) will fall to you. Then grab both of them. You don't need a 2nd RB at the turn here, especially becasue you already have one of the big 3 (whichever one you like).

Basically, don't just grab a medicore RB at the turn here if you don't need to. Therer are enough RB out there (think Ron Dayne, etc.) where you could wait and actually make your team better.

Good advice above!

You should run a dozen or so mock drafts where you are drafting from the #1 spot, then compare what you end up with when you go RB,RB,WR or RB,RB,RB, or RB, WR,WR...
mlavwilson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:25 am

Grab 2 studly WRs in a row if they're available. (or maybe Gates?)
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:45 am

there won't be too many good rb's that will fall to you at 4.10, but if you take two stud WR's at 2.10,and 3.01, than you may get lucky if the other guys in your league just totally blow it, and chester taylor, or willie parker falls to you, which would be like a gift from heaven, but I guess it's possible.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:48 am

There's always Dillon, Mcalister, Rhodes, A. Green, etc.

They're not great, but I don't really see much of a difference between these guys and 2nd rd RBs like Westbrooks, Willie, etc.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:01 am

gatorman1122 wrote:Grab 2 studly WRs in a row if they're available. (or maybe Gates?)

Or maybe Peyton.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:04 am

gatorman1122 wrote:There's always Dillon, Mcalister, Rhodes, A. Green, etc.

They're not great, but I don't really see much of a difference between these guys and 2nd rd RBs like Westbrooks, Willie, etc.
are you serious?, you don't see a difference between, domanick davis, westbrook, carnell williams (2nd rounders), and Dillon, McCallister, Rhodes, and Green?(4th rounders) you can't be serious.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:07 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
gatorman1122 wrote:There's always Dillon, Mcalister, Rhodes, A. Green, etc.

are you serious?, you don't see a difference between, domanick davis, westbrook, carnell williams (2nd rounders), and Dillon, McCallister, Rhodes, and Green?(4th rounders) you can't be serious.

I concur.

The 2nd Round RBs have so many less questions than the gimps/scrubs in the 4th Round. The 4th Rounders that gator listed aren't even guaranteed to start/play...
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk