so, who is this years willie parker? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

so, who is this years willie parker?

Moderator: Football Moderators

so, who is this years willie parker?

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:07 pm

last year, most people had never heard of willie parker, yet he came in for pittsburg and lit it up.

Anyone have a predictions on who might find themselves in a similar situation this year?

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:50 pm

Moats is one FWP clone. Sophomore player, crazy speed, a great game at the end of the year filling in for injuries (although he also had some crap ones). Westbrook is coming back from injury, and the news on Moats from camp is generally positive. Looking more and more like a RBBC.

A guy in a similar situation is Wali Lundy. Completely obscure. Everyone ahead of him is injured or unspectacular. He's not Fast like Willie, and it's not a great rushing offense (although maybe some Denver magic rubs off on HOU), but if he takes the job and (ahhem) runs with it, he will be a good #2 in fantasy.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:09 pm

yeah, but moats is pretty well known, everyone knows what He can do. Willie parker was a guy who didnt even get drafted in dynasty leagues, except maybe extremely deep ones.

Lundy fits the description if he were to come in and do well this season

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dolfin99 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Cedric Cobbs, Denver. Shanahan likes him a lot and IMO, he is the better back over Dayne and Bell.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:01 pm

danielrp wrote:Cedric Cobbs, Denver. Shanahan likes him a lot and IMO, he is the better back over Dayne and Bell.

Not that I'm doubting your opinion of Cobbs, but we haven't seen anything from Cobbs since the Patriots drafted him. What makes you think he's better than Dayne or Bell?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:10 pm

I was high on Cobbs coming out of college as well. I watch a lot of SEC and the guy was nasty.

Good comparison IMO. Everyone pays attention to Bell and Dayne just like everyone was drafting Duce and Bus.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:31 pm

I think one of my biggest issues surrounding Cobbs is the fact that the Patriots, a team with a great eye for talent, released him so quickly after having drafted him. Much of what I read about Cobbs was that he has maturity issues and lacks self-motivation. Maybe he'll prove things wrong in Denver, but I find it hard to believe he's going to jump ahead of both Dayne and Bell. But, who knows, really. Pretty much every back who's run for the Broncos has come out of nowhere, so Cobbs certainly fits that mold.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:33 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:yeah, but moats is pretty well known, everyone knows what He can do. Willie parker was a guy who didnt even get drafted in dynasty leagues, except maybe extremely deep ones.

In most late-August redraft drafts, FWP was going in a late round, same as Mike Anderson. Moats should be about the same. For redraft.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:45 pm

My Willie Parker this season is Dee Brown. Brown is currently slated as the #3 running back in Kansas City slated behind the untested Larry Johnson and injury-prone/possible retiree Priest Holmes. Herm Edwards has gone on the record saying that he wants to run the ball MORE often than last season, with or without Priest Holmes. Dee Brown is an amazing sleeper for next season who is never, ever discussed.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cadman » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:24 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:yeah, but moats is pretty well known, everyone knows what He can do. Willie parker was a guy who didnt even get drafted in dynasty leagues, except maybe extremely deep ones.

yep, when i drafted him lastyear, i seen everyone scrambling threw there notes trying to figure out "what the ?"

did great for a few games, but then that damn bus.....
cadman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to Football Talk