V.Davis and K.Winslow - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

V.Davis and K.Winslow

Moderator: Football Moderators

V.Davis and K.Winslow

Postby kage812004 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:26 pm

what do u guys think of these 2, ive been targeting them in my drafts and i have a very important draft tonight and wondering whats a good round to take a chance on these guys? can they be dependable if im counting on one of them to be my starter?
GOPATS!! 3 out of 4!!!!
kage812004
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:32 pm

Winslow by a longshot.

Davis is still a rookie and has to compete with Eric Johnson, who's a pretty good pass catching TE. Alex Smith had only 1 passing td in his entire season.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:36 pm

Personally I think you can't go wrong with either. I would try to snag on of them in round 9 to be sure.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:53 pm

Vernon Davis in a heart beat, The guy is an unusual monster of nature with his speed andability for his build and size.

Davis will be the goto check down guy for alex Smith, who has Antonio Bryant to throw to and most likely he will be rushed and have to throw down to his speedy and tall check down TE Davis.

There really is no one to steal catches in SF, i would want Davis as my backup any day of the week, he can burn safeties deep easily.

KWII on the other hand is coming back from injury and is playing with the same type of QB who isnt the best, but has Jurevicious, Edwards and Northcutt to steal passes from him, but i did hear they will be splitting him out at WR some, but i dont like the chances of him of a guy like Vernon Davis. 

I hope this helps ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby andus » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:01 pm

There's got to be a better option than two unprovens. I'd stay away from both.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:04 pm

For the first 7 weeks while Edwards is out Winslow could see a lot of time at WR.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:09 pm

I guess I'm being a homer but I definately like Winslow here. He is finally healthy and looks physically better than ever. Edwards will be out until week 6 or 7 so Winslow will see a lot of passes his way as the TE and slot wideout. Plus, the Brown's offensive is geared towards TEs. Like i've said before, if Steve Heiden had 43 catches last year, think of what KWII can do.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teacupwoozy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:20 pm

J2thez929 wrote:I guess I'm being a homer but I definately like Winslow here. He is finally healthy and looks physically better than ever. Edwards will be out until week 6 or 7 so Winslow will see a lot of passes his way as the TE and slot wideout. Plus, the Brown's offensive is geared towards TEs. Like i've said before, if Steve Heiden had 43 catches last year, think of what KWII can do.

That isn't homerism thats just good thinking. Add in the fact that Frye will be looking for the saftey valve that winslow at TE will provide and there is no reason to not take a risk on a guy that essentially is plugging a wideout into the TE slot.
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MrTwo94 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:32 pm

Winslow easily. I'm targetting him and Ben Watson. Between the two of them, one will certainly be a top 10 TE with upside of top 3. Winslow has been developing quite a rapport with Frye. Not only have they been practicing together but have become friends. Each wants to do anything they can to make the other succeed. Winslow is back at full speed and should be ready to earn his keep for that #6 pick. The Cleveland offense as a whole stands to make huge strides this year. Droughns is tremendous value in the 3rd round. Winslow could be a steal in the 9th.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Dude » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:45 pm

andus wrote:There's got to be a better option than two unprovens. I'd stay away from both.

I'm sympathetic to this comment the most.

I don't know which of these guys will bust out, if either of them. Currently, I have 11 guys ranked ahead of them in my redraft rankings, with Winslow at 12 and Davis at 13. There are plenty of better options this year than Winslow or Davis.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Next

Return to Football Talk