V.Davis and K.Winslow - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

V.Davis and K.Winslow

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:20 pm

biju wrote:
saundman2000 wrote:Based on VD's physical attributes + apparent work ethic + game film plus a huge helping of speculation. Anyone branding someone the next <Insert Star Player Here> is largely speculating. Nothing more than a gut instinct or a subjective opinion. That's all it can be. But therein lies the beauty of fantasy football.... there's a degree of speculation in everything.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Kellen Winslow actually bigger than VD? And I'm absolutely positive KWII's work ethic was never in question, just his off-field decisions apparently. His injury is one of those things that can happen to anyone regardless of their physique or work regimen.

Short term I like KW's supporting cast much, much better than SF and I expect (as was speculated earlier) that he will be close to the top 5 TEs at the end of this year.

Winslow is listed at 6"4', 254 - Davis at 6'3", 256 so not much difference there. I think Winslow comes into this season realizing he has a hell of a lot to prove after 2 lost seasons - add to that the fact he will see some action as a WR the first 7 games while Edwards is out and I think he has the edge here.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:28 am

D3C4K wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I wouldn't draft either of those guys. Go with somebody you can rely on. TE is too important of a position to F around with nowadays. A guy like Jason Witten can fall into the 7th-8th rounds in some drafts, why would you pass that up to gamble on a rookie and a guy with 1 game experience in the NFL coming off a freaking ACL tear. Are you kidding me?

If you absolutely insist on waiting until a late round to grab a TE, I would go with Heath Miller or Zach Hilton.

Remember, for TE (just like any other NFL position) experience is a plus.

Yeah, that pretty much says it all, except replace Zach Hilton with Ben Watson ;-D .

OR you can just throw Ben Watson in there for good measure. Hell, I would throw Jermaine Wiggins in there for good measure.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk