Bills' new offence - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bills' new offence

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bills' new offence

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:22 pm

here's an article on the new look offence under new OC Steve Fairchild - one good thing for McGahee owners, they plan to involve him more as a receiver out of the backfield thus increasing his fantasy value somewhat.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20 ... 024591.asp
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teacupwoozy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:26 pm

The biggest offensive aspect of the bills is their line... Until that changes I don't see a new system mattering all that much. It's a necessity that McGahee be used as a safety valve on the swing for whatever quaterback is stuck in that submarine with a screen door of a line.
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:38 pm

I like McGahee alot, but too me the qb situation, scares me, if I'm a Bill fan< I would want to see Holcomb behind center. I would love to see Willis's catches go up.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:17 pm

The Bills Offense is, well, Offensive. :-P

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:21 pm

mrblitz wrote:I like McGahee alot, but too me the qb situation, scares me, if I'm a Bill fan< I would want to see Holcomb behind center. I would love to see Willis's catches go up.

If you're a Bills fan, there's really nobody from the current roster you want lining up behind centre. But I guess that isn't really an option. :-/
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Billsbacker » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:01 pm

I gotta step in here on behalf of the hometeam......the offense will not suck as bad as last year, mark my words. There are 3 new starting lineman from last years starting unit, and perhaps more importantly, a coaching staff that doesn't have their head up their backside. McGahee will actually be on the field for 3rd downs this year, and is dropping weight to get his speed and edge back (Mularkey tried to turn him into a bowling bowl). And although Losman may have some growing pains, he is looking better in preseason, and has signficantly more upside than Holcomb. The Bills have perhaps the fastest starting threesome of WR's in football, so it would be incredibly stupid to play Holcomb who has no arm strength....
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby confused_jake » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:09 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I like McGahee alot, but too me the qb situation, scares me, if I'm a Bill fan< I would want to see Holcomb behind center. I would love to see Willis's catches go up.

If you're a Bills fan, there's really nobody from the current roster you want lining up behind centre. But I guess that isn't really an option. :-/

Moorman! haha that guy is amazing.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:31 pm

Willis is being badly undervalued this yr IMO.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Big Pimpin' » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:13 am

confused_jake wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:

You got that right!!!! Morman is the best player on the Bills for the last 3 years!!!!!! I love that guy!
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:20 pm

Big Pimpin' wrote:
confused_jake wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:

You got that right!!!! Morman is the best player on the Bills for the last 3 years!!!!!! I love that guy!

Well, at least the Bills are the most exciting 4th down team in the league.. :-?
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk