Bills' new offence - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Bills' new offence

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:33 pm

I also think the BIlls will improve offensively. THe line can't get worse than it was last year, neither can the quarterbacking, and McGahee still turned in a decent performance considering his supporting cast. I don't expect him to reach double digit TD's unless the Bills' defense really steps it up, but I expect him to improve on last year's totals. How could he do any worse?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:55 pm

bagobonez wrote:I also think the BIlls will improve offensively. THe line can't get worse than it was last year, neither can the quarterbacking, and McGahee still turned in a decent performance considering his supporting cast. I don't expect him to reach double digit TD's unless the Bills' defense really steps it up, but I expect him to improve on last year's totals. How could he do any worse?


Agreed entirely. THough that dreadful supporting cast is why I dont think he'll be more than a good #2 RB in fantasy this year, maybe nto for a couple years.

Also, I'll believe McGahee actually has the receiving skills to be involved in the passing game when I see it. Until then, I could care less if Levi starts saying he's going to use McGahee like the Eagles use Westbrook in the passing game.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teacupwoozy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:15 pm

His numbers are going to get worse as soon as they implement that "We'll use him in the recieving game like they use westbrook as a good saftey valve/swing pass option". Once that happens you will realize that not one of those QB's knows how to protect a reciever and will literally just toss him the ball to try and save a mucked play and he will get run down by a defender that they can easily afford to place on him with only Lee evans to worry about... There is always the stellar peerless price who lost the ability to run routes and get his hands on a ball when he injured his eye and lost his depth perception while playing for buffalo before...

I forsee injury in McGahee's future, him being the only real weapon Buffalo has doesn't bode well.
Last edited by teacupwoozy on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 271
Joined: 2 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deacon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:21 pm

If you just have to have Buffalo players the only consistent bets are with their IDPs. Terence Magee, London Fletcher, and Takeo Spikes are consistent point producers but their team D sucks.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 792
Joined: 7 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South of Atlanta

Postby Billsbacker » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:50 pm

deacon wrote:If you just have to have Buffalo players the only consistent bets are with their IDPs. Terence Magee, London Fletcher, and Takeo Spikes are consistent point producers but their team D sucks.


I disagree - while I wouldn't play them every week, their team D should be quite good for situational matchups.....they've had the #1 special teams unit for two years running, their all-pro LB Spikes is back (they were #2 D the last 2 full years he played), and let's face it - this team will never be so far ahead that they'll be giving up garbage yds/pts at the end of any game!
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 857
Joined: 8 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teacupwoozy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:53 pm

Billsbacker wrote:
deacon wrote:If you just have to have Buffalo players the only consistent bets are with their IDPs. Terence Magee, London Fletcher, and Takeo Spikes are consistent point producers but their team D sucks.


I disagree - while I wouldn't play them every week, their team D should be quite good for situational matchups.....they've had the #1 special teams unit for two years running, their all-pro LB Spikes is back (they were #2 D the last 2 full years he played), and let's face it - this team will never be so far ahead that they'll be giving up garbage yds/pts at the end of any game!


I am not so sure I agree that they will be great this year, but I really loved their draft while it seems not many other people did. I think they made great pickups to replace aging or poor players and will have a killer unit in 2 or three years. But yes situationally this has been a good defense for years.
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 271
Joined: 2 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Johnny U » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:18 am

I find it interesting that despite all the dire predictions for a horrible season, McGahee hasn't made it out of the second round in any mock draft in which I've participated. I'm wondering if this is a function of people thinking he'll be a good RB2 because he won't be sharing carries, or that last year was an aberration and he'll return to 2004 form.

I'm torn on him. I can't say what I'd do if he fell to me in the middle of the second round. Right now I'm leaning toward taking a stud receiver at that positiion, then selecting a Jamal Lewis or a Reuben Droughns – backs with comparable abilities and question marks as McGahee – in the third round for my RB2.

I'd like to take McGahee in the second round, but I don't think I'd feel good about passing on a Chad Johnson or a Larry Fitzgerald or a Torry Holt in order to take him. Too many red flags with that offense. On the other hand, I wouldn't hesitate to take Lee Evans as my third or fourth WR.
Johnny U
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 138
Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:24 pm

What offense?

PS- I'm seeing a lot of "how can it get any worse" usually when people say that as a positive for something, it's a bad sign.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheFranchise » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:47 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:The Bills Offense is, well, Offensive. :-P


Well said
Image
TheFranchise
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 730
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 31 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Niagara Falls, NY

Postby teacupwoozy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:08 pm

Johnny U wrote:I find it interesting that despite all the dire predictions for a horrible season, McGahee hasn't made it out of the second round in any mock draft in which I've participated. I'm wondering if this is a function of people thinking he'll be a good RB2 because he won't be sharing carries, or that last year was an aberration and he'll return to 2004 form.


Thats actually kind of my problem with him. In 2005 fantasy drafts he was ranked in the top ten by most fantasy sites. But what was it based upon? A handfull of games against crappy run defenses while their defense was playing like gangbusters and their passing game was at least mildly feared.

People keep saying to look to him to return to 2004 form, but he didn't really have one. He was a rookie, and all he managed was torching a few teams that just had no run D.
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 271
Joined: 2 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 5:02 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact