What do you do when asked for advice? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you do when asked for advice?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:36 pm

There's this lame-o in my office who keeps his draft strategy a hidden secret, yet will ask everyone else, "So who do you think is a good sleeper this year?"

If you ask him, he'll say, "I don't wanna show my hand...you'll see the fireworks on draft night, broseph! Oh yeah!"

I wasn't with the company last year, but someone said he drafted almost all Minnesota Vikings...solid strategy.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:13 pm

I'm the commish this year of a League that is ALL First Timers (except me.), and the Cafe will absolutely be one of the resources I'll encourage them to use. I want their first year in FF to be a positive experience (gotta hook 'em before you can reel 'em in.) and as FF sites go the Cafe is, IMO, unparalleled.

Of course, this is with family and friends, and only for a $50 Grand Prize and a trophy. If I were playing for bigger money I might be a little more hush-hush about this place.

As far as someone in this league using the Cafe to "spy" on any strategies, rankings, etc. I may discuss here, let 'em. H**l, I could very easily be wrong. :-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:19 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:There's this lame-o in my office who keeps his draft strategy a hidden secret, yet will ask everyone else, "So who do you think is a good sleeper this year?"

If you ask him, he'll say, "I don't wanna show my hand...you'll see the fireworks on draft night, broseph! Oh yeah!"

I wasn't with the company last year, but someone said he drafted almost all Minnesota Vikings...solid strategy.

That reminds me of my old boss who plays in my league, he does the exactly same thing. He tries to hit me up with advice all the time but never truthfully says what he is thinking. Then he also points out here and there a player that he is targeting but wont really draft to throw us off (something like, "I hear Culpepper is looking really GREAT this year"). I think the whole thing is sad. But not as sad as his starting roster. He constantly drafts teams that nobody would want, then I tell him how bad his players are he gets really defensive.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk