If you could choose any recent RB.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If you could choose any recent RB....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who would you want as your RB (non-fantasy) in his prime on your favorite NFL team?

Ladanian Tomlinson
15%
Shaun Alexander
No votes
Barry Sanders
53%
Priest Holmes
2%
Terrell Davis
4%
Marshall Faulk
17%
Jamal Anderson
2%
Ricky Williams
No votes
Emmitt Smith
6%

Total votes : 47

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:03 pm

Faulk all the way, double threat.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Irish_Assassin wrote:Barry Sanders. The best running back of all time. I would argue that none of the other backs on this survey have the potential to score every time they touch the ball, no matter the situation, blocking scheme, or defensive alignment.

No? So I guess LT didn't throw, catch and rush a TD in the same game. THAT is the definition of being able to score each and every time you touch the ball, no matter what.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby logan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:55 pm

as were going recent memory i will exclude payton and brown.

of that list i would go

1.barry
2.marshall
3.LT
4.priest

lt and marshall are neck and neck but taking into account marshall's overall carrer he gets the slight edge.the man did put up the best season by a running back afterall.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:59 pm

I would go with LT. The dude is awesome. I love watching the Chargers play just for him.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:07 pm

Barry.....Barry.....Barry!!!!!

Oh yeah, we did have him on our team :~(
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby biju » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:19 pm

Honestly this is a tough question to ask and expect people to come up with the same answer, as two different answers could be legitimate based on which team you favor.

For the Seahawks I really think Barry Sanders would be ideal. Our offensive line can open holes so he'd be getting into the secondary with regularity. I would want someone who can juke those DBs with ease. Besides, we don't currently have a pass-catching back and it hasn't affected us too much. That's not to say that we wouldn't prefer it, but just given the current structure it would be difficult for me to think otherwise.

Of course, I couldn't say no to LT either. Put him in his prime behind Walter Jones and I would think he could really get 2,000 rushing yards.

And while the game was totally different back then, I would love to see a bruiser like Jim Brown play behind the Seahawks' line. I think he'd make people miss just because they wouldn't want to tackle him anymore.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Irish_Assassin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:20 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Irish_Assassin wrote:Barry Sanders. The best running back of all time. I would argue that none of the other backs on this survey have the potential to score every time they touch the ball, no matter the situation, blocking scheme, or defensive alignment.

No? So I guess LT didn't throw, catch and rush a TD in the same game. THAT is the definition of being able to score each and every time you touch the ball, no matter what.

The difference being you could line Barry Sanders up behind a Girl Scout Troop and he could still score a touchdown.
Irish_Assassin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby xted30 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:23 pm

Give me TD in his prime. A little against the grain, but the man could ball. He fit DEN's scheme well and really helped drive that offense.
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby biju » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:28 pm

xted30 wrote:Give me TD in his prime. A little against the grain, but the man could ball. He fit DEN's scheme well and really helped drive that offense.

It's funny, but I've always thought of Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes, Emmitt Smith and Shaun Alexander as being products of their line. It's the guys that have had to deal with mediocrity like Sanders and LT that would be fun to watch given some talent.

I say that knowing that I talked about Jim Brown who, if my memory of history serves, had a pretty good O-line.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby xted30 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:42 pm

biju wrote:
xted30 wrote:Give me TD in his prime. A little against the grain, but the man could ball. He fit DEN's scheme well and really helped drive that offense.

It's funny, but I've always thought of Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes, Emmitt Smith and Shaun Alexander as being products of their line. It's the guys that have had to deal with mediocrity like Sanders and LT that would be fun to watch given some talent.

I say that knowing that I talked about Jim Brown who, if my memory of history serves, had a pretty good O-line.

I would agree that the guys you listed are products of their line. But IMO, part of being a great player is having the intelligence to stick with what you do well and not get away fromit too much. TD, Priest, SA, and Emmitt were guys that may not make too many guys miss or run through every DB, but they knew their system and knew where the hole was going to be, when to hit it hard and when to have patience and wait to set up blocks. There's something to be said for that along with pure talent.
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk