Cafe League Preference - live or slow drafts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe League Preference - live or slow drafts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Online Draft... Live or Slow Draft - which do you prefer?

Live
76%
Slow
19%
Makes no difference
5%

Total votes : 37

Postby jayday » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:44 pm

In-person I prefer live....Best part of the year ;-D

But Cafe/Online drafts I think you have to go slow....You don't want someone's internet connection crapping out and them missing a pick....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:57 pm

Live is so much easier...you get it done fast, and you're done worrying about it. Although it may be harder to get set up because of timing everyone's schedules, it's much less annoying than waiting for someone for upwards of a day to pick a guy (like I always do...partial over-analyzing and partial effed up work/sleep schedule).

Taking three weeks to pick a team is just frustrating to boot...you just want it to be over by the end. :*)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:46 am

Twisted Sister wrote:Just to clarify, I was talking about Cafe Leagues... where you would be doing it via the internet. The draft parties do not apply in that instance.

Easy....slow ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:58 am

Twisted Sister wrote:Just to clarify, I was talking about Cafe Leagues... where you would be doing it via the internet. The draft parties do not apply in that instance.

well i guess in that case i prefer slow. but theres nothin better than getting the guys together for a live draft party
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:54 am

jayday wrote:In-person I prefer live....Best part of the year ;-D

But Cafe/Online drafts I think you have to go slow....You don't want someone's internet connection crapping out and them missing a pick....

I agree with all of this... ;-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 pm

Well, for me it makes no difference, but I like live drafting. Like you said twisted, its a lot of fun doing live drafts. I think slow drafts are more thought out, so the members involved get the best they can because they have more time to think about it.
FFC Battle Record: 0-1
Child_of_God_08
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:36 pm

Live for me. ;-D
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:37 pm

As has already been said, if at all possible, you gotta go with the Live Draft. Hot Food, Cold Beer, Good Friends, and FF. There are definitely worse ways to spend a Saturday Afternoon.

In my (former) $$$ league the other owners decided this year to switch from a Live Draft to an Automated one. (Several owners stated that they were "no good" at drafting, and were more comfortable letting the computer pick their teams.) I sure as h**l wasn't paying $100.00 so I could end up with a team with three defenses and two kickers, so I walked. (Plus, the draft's my favorite part of the whole deal anywho.) Started a new Small $$ League with some family and friends (all first-timers) and they're all lookin' forward to us all getting together August 25th to BBQ and select our teams.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk