underrated players and underrated teams in the NFL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

underrated players and underrated teams in the NFL

Moderator: Football Moderators

underrated players and underrated teams in the NFL

Postby waltb87 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:44 pm

some of most underrated players and teams in the NFL, the team that i can think of is the KC Chiefs, and one player i can think of from the NFL is Trent Green
waltb87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:54 pm

Underrated how? As in what they produce year in and year out (read: past performance) or do you mean teams that are currently underrated and will perform better this year than previous years?

While KC wouldn't be on my underrated radar as a team I could agree with Trent Green. He's been consistent with his pass yardage. His problem is they are a run first offense in the red zone so he doesn't get many TDs. I great underrated player is probably also Joe Horn. Yeah, he's getting old and was injured last year but he still has the tools to get it done. See the first game of last season as an example for when he's healthy.

From past performances for teams I would think that the Eagles are underrated. They had some injuries that hurt them last year, otherwise they're a perennial playoff team. TO leaving just makes people think they're on the downslope but they'll be good this year.

For future performance I think the Ravens, Dolphins, and Browns seem to be teams on the rise.

For future performance of players I think Kevin Barlow and Jamal Lewis will be relative steals for where they'll be picked.

Good luck.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby waltb87 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:01 pm

no, im talking teams that seem to perform well when people look down on them, and teams that perform well that alot of people dont notice......if that statement makes any sense at all
waltb87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:18 pm

waltb87 wrote:no, im talking teams that seem to perform well when people look down on them, and teams that perform well that alot of people dont notice......if that statement makes any sense at all

well, miami was in the thick of the playoff race until week 16 or 17, but no one seemed to notice b/c their chances werent good.

other than that, i cant think of any that fit those category. im going off the 2nd statement; the first i dont totally understand.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby waltb87 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:23 pm

well how about this....teams that performed well and really hasnt been noticed by the public
waltb87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby biju » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:28 pm

waltb87 wrote:well how about this....teams that performed well and really hasnt been noticed by the public

Well, that could be restated as "Teams that performed well but the media didn't care because they weren't New England, Indianapolis or Terrell Owens."

East Coast biased media sucks.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby teacupwoozy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:40 pm

biju wrote:
waltb87 wrote:well how about this....teams that performed well and really hasnt been noticed by the public

Well, that could be restated as "Teams that performed well but the media didn't care because they weren't New England, Indianapolis or Terrell Owens."

seriously, wasn't seattle still a big question mark to all of the media outlets through like week 14?
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:41 pm

biju wrote:

Especially the Seahawks last year, everyone kept writing them off - no one seemed to believe in them right up until they won the NFC Championship.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby waltb87 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:52 pm

biju wrote:

heck yea i know thats right
waltb87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:05 pm

biju wrote:

Oh good lord quit whining (this also goes out to the two jesters that posted after continuing the whinfest.

Yes, the source of all of this is the ever-phantom east coast bias. It couldn't POSSIBLY be that New England has won three super bowls in 5 years, or that Indy had a dominating season with an offense that lights up the scoreboards (and hence draws attention), or that TO is always doing something to get himself in the news.

How many times did we hear the words USC, Reggie Bush, or Matt Leinart on ESPN this year? Is it because of some mythical west coast bias that I can just make up to solve all my inadequacies (which apparently include spelling) and get everyone to blindly roll along with? No, it's because they were a great team with a great offense. Was TO not still all over the news when he was in San Francisco (as far west as it gets)?

Good lord people I don't get riled up often on here but get the f*ck over it. The only bias against west coasters there is is people that don't want to hear them whine about how every statement other than "XXXX west coast team/player is the greatest team/player ever" (which by the way we've heard plenty of lately with USC/Bush/Leinart so I don't know how you people are STILL getting your panties in bunch) is obviously biased against their poor, persecuted souls.

Sure, Seattle wasn't getting the gobs of media attention down the stretch of the regular season the 3 time Super Bowl champs (in the last 4 years) and the consensus best team in the league were, but neither were the Steelers and last I checked they're now Super Bowl champs. I guess they should make up the "Quaker bias" so they can keep up with all the west coast clowns crying and moaning everytime they're not the center of the universe for perfectly legitimate reasons.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk