Bengals...Good News - Pro Bowl LT Levi Jones Signs Extension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals...Good News - Pro Bowl LT Levi Jones Signs Extension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bengals...Good News - Pro Bowl LT Levi Jones Signs Extension

Postby jayday » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:07 pm

Link Here

Signs extension of 6 years for $40 million ;-D

This extension is much more newsworthy than the latest bad reports coming out of Cincy....Levi is entering the prime of his career and is becoming one of the elite left tackles in the game....He protects Carson's blind side and was an absolute must to re-sign in my opinion....We got him for less than I anticipated as well....

He, along with LG Eric Steinbach and RT Willie Anderson were set to enter free agency after the '06 season (I look for C Rich Braham to retire)....I think Steiny will get re-signed, but I'm not sure about Willie....As much as I love him, he's wanting big money, and at his age, with his knees, I just don't see Mike Brown shelling out keep him...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:10 pm

I'm surprised he didn't stab someone with the pen he inked the contract with, knowing those crazy Bengals. :-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:22 pm

finally some good new out of Cincy. I'm sure Palmer will love this news.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Skeletons In Jail » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:24 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I'm surprised he didn't stab someone with the pen he inked the contract with, knowing those crazy Bengals. :-o

C-
Skeletons In Jail
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Flux » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:33 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I'm surprised he didn't stab someone with the pen he inked the contract with, knowing those crazy Bengals. :-o

you better check yourself!

Levi is an outstanding talent. Im incredibly glad to see us trying to retain our o-line and also trying to build it for the future. Carson is our most important asset and it appears we are doing everything to keep him as safe as possible. Great signing....that is a LOT of dough though, but he is worth it.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Skeletons In Jail » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:44 pm

Flux wrote:

Levi is an outstanding talent. Im incredibly glad to see us trying to retain our o-line and also trying to build it for the future. Carson is our most important asset and it appears we are doing everything to keep him as safe as possible. Great signing....that is a LOT of dough though, but he is worth it.

Thank you Flux. One of the most underrated left tackles in the game.
Skeletons In Jail
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby whodey#9 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:26 pm

wouldnt call him underrated with 40 million dollars ;-D
:-o
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:18 am

;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:03 pm

Flux wrote:

Just razzin' you, Flux. ;-)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Cincinnati Bengals