Anybody ever done an IDP league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anybody ever done an IDP league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Juke » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:50 am

I have and personally don't like them.... it waters down the entire FF experience. Too many players that are not stars that can gang up and contribute to a W or L. You can literally watch NFL Primetime... dominate teh highlights.. and lose b/c a crew of 2nd tier defensive players gang up for 4 tackles each adn take your team down.

Plus, there are a ton of defensive players to be had off teh waiver wire. So pretty much stick to drafting offesnive players adn then have a quick trigger to scoop up solid-middle tier defensive players off teh wire.

BTW, for those interested, I noticed fantasysharks.com has IDP article / rankings:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/artman/pub ... e_1566.htm
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:39 am

I love playing with IDP, playing with a team defense seems so tacked on and half-assed to me. You are completely discounting half of the entire game of football.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deacon » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:25 pm

Also if you are in an IDP league that rewards points for return yardage then it is a huge bonus to get a DB like Terence Magee that returns kicks.

A few years ago I had Jerry Azumah (bears DB) and he won a few game for me with his punt return yardage points. He actually took 3 punts to the house that year.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:53 pm

I'm pretty much winging the IDP thing this year too. What's the point of a 5-team league by the way?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Crippler » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:58 pm

deacon wrote:Also if you are in an IDP league that rewards points for return yardage then it is a huge bonus to get a DB like Terence Magee that returns kicks.

A few years ago I had Jerry Azumah (bears DB) and he won a few game for me with his punt return yardage points. He actually took 3 punts to the house that year.

Good point, what are some other good IDPs for kick return yards?

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)