No votes
Brian Griese
72%
B.J. Symons
No votes

Total votes : 18

Bears QB

Postby teacupwoozy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:28 am

Just kind of want to get a feel out of just wild curiosity as to whom you all would like to see under center this year? I will try and make my first poll here, but some insight as to why would be nice too in post form. I am not a huge Bears fan or anything but I think your best bet is Griese...
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:48 am

give me the greasy one.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Right off the bat this should only be a three-man poll. Symons is never even going to see pre-season action, and for all I know might not even be on the team right now. I think alot of Chicago is still hoping Rex can pan out, but deep down they believe Griese will get significant PT. Myself, if Griese doesn't start the season it's another wasted season. He is in no way a savior, but he's the best QB this town has seen since Erik Kramer, and that isn't saying much.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Guitarist970 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:28 pm

Griese, I saw how he was playin in Tampa last year before he got hurt, he was no peyton but he was definitly throwing well, at least when I was watching him play.
Dikaia Upotheke
Guitarist970
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:55 pm

I'd take Griese over any of their options at quarterback. Orton is just a warm body as far as I'm concerned and I have little faith that Grossman can succeed or stay healthy.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:04 pm

I almost picked Griese, but it seemed to me that Grossman was starting to gain confidence late in the season. I'd like to see if he could build upon that.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:24 pm

There should have been a "none of the above" option. With this group to choose from we'd better hope the defense doesn't wear down. :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:24 pm

knapplc wrote:There should have been a "none of the above" option. With this group to choose from we'd better hope the defense doesn't wear down. :-o

Change your mind any after watching the game? Griese had better win this "competition" or I'm burning down the space ship.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JakeTrain72 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:00 am

Greise is a starting NFL QB and was doing well with Tampa before the injury and Simms was given the team. He knows how to prepare for gameday and can be very productive for Chicago.

Grossman has been calling plays from the sideline for about 3 years now which makes him a perfect as the #2 QB since we know he can do that pretty well. Sure he is talented, but lets see if he can get through a season of practices before we really think this guy can handle playing on Sundays.

I don't care where he was drafted or what you want him to be, he is a football player that cannot stay healthy and is unreliable. He will be great in a fill in roll if needed, but you have an experienced vet who is more than capable of winning games in the NFL. It will be dissapointing to see them keep Greise on the sidelines.

Unless they let Grossman keep his red jersey on during NFL games, Greise should be leading the Bears in 2007!
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:08 am

Sixxgunn wrote:Right off the bat this should only be a three-man poll. Symons is never even going to see pre-season action, and for all I know might not even be on the team right now. I think alot of Chicago is still hoping Rex can pan out, but deep down they believe Griese will get significant PT. Myself, if Griese doesn't start the season it's another wasted season. He is in no way a savior, but he's the best QB this town has seen since Erik Kramer, and that isn't saying much.

Ahhh...BJ Symons we hardly knew ye.....
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Chicago Bears