How to Adjust QB values for a 2-QB Auction League? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How to Adjust QB values for a 2-QB Auction League?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How to Adjust QB values for a 2-QB Auction League?

Postby Doughhead » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:33 pm

My league starts 2 QBs every week, but all the fantasy resources assume a 1-QB league and as a result, favour running backs big time.

My league is doing an auction for the first time and I'm having a hard time deciding on what the respective values should be for QBs and RBs. Should Peyton be going for the same $$$ as LT or the other top backs? Who should I spend more money on: my 2nd QB or my 3rd RB?

I've run a couple of spreadsheets, but any additional insight would be highly appreciated.
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Doughhead » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:45 pm

Li'l' Help?
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker

Postby CC » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:54 pm

In a 2 QB league, they are just as valuable if not more than RBs. I would still go with the top 3 backs first but then Manning, Palmer, Brady would start to enter my consciousness as possible picks.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:11 pm

QBs definetly gain value when starting two of them. If the scoring is standard TD=6pts 25yrds=1pt then QB becomes the most valuable asset. If scoring is tempered so that QB only gets 3/4pt per TD, then I would say they're as valuable as RB. This question really depends on scoring and line-up rules.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:19 pm

QBs gain a lot of value. i played in one 2-QB dynasty, and both Manning and Palmer went in the first round. however, dont get caught up in the QB wave. i waited until the end of the 6th round/beginning of the 7th to pick up a QB, and i am thoroughly satisfied with my team. just let everyone else pick up quarterbacks, get the value pickups at QB and WR, and wait until a reasonable round to take a QB. if you wait, youll still be able to get someone like Drew Bledsoe as your starter.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Juke » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:47 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:In a 2 QB league, they are just as valuable if not more than RBs. I would still go with the top 3 backs first but then Manning, Palmer, Brady would start to enter my consciousness as possible picks.

Good advice. QB value ~ RB value if require 2 QB start. Keep that in mind and you will do just fine.
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pjluva10 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:07 am

Their value climbs some. Like others have said take backs first. Spend your money on two mid level QBs that have good upside and you have a good chance one of them will break out. Good value for your money is very important.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Doughhead » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:02 am

Yes, it's 6 points for a TD just as with RBs; but 1 point for every 50 yards instead of every 20.
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker

Return to Football Talk