PPR Leagues/Scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PPR Leagues/Scoring

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPR Leagues/Scoring

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:43 am

Does anyone know if Yahoo lets you deliniate between PPR for Wrs and Rbs. For example 1 pt for WR/TE receps, and .5 for Rb receps? Any good sight that does? (NFL.com etc)

Do you guys like that or would you rather just a PPR for everyone?

In a 12 team league you guys like 3wr 2rb or 2wr/2rb/1flex?

Any issues with 30 yards per point for QB with 3 point bonus for every 300 yards? Should I make the bonus 250?

Lastly. Should I give out draft positions the day of the draft to make it tough, or ahead of time so people could practice?

Thanks in advance.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPR Leagues/Scoring

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:51 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Does anyone know if Yahoo lets you deliniate between PPR for Wrs and Rbs. For example 1 pt for WR/TE receps, and .5 for Rb receps? Any good sight that does? (NFL.com etc)

Not sure about Yahoo, but I don't think so. AOL is free and you can make that distinction on there. ;-D

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Do you guys like that or would you rather just a PPR for everyone?

I wouldn't mind it, but I am not big on PPR, so initially I would want 1 value -- it would not be enough for me to not join a league though :-b

Joeybagadonuts wrote:In a 12 team league you guys like 3wr 2rb or 2wr/2rb/1flex?

I am not a huge fan of flex, it is growing on me. If I had to vote I would still go non-flex (3wr 2rb) ;-D

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Any issues with 30 yards per point for QB with 3 point bonus for every 300 yards? Should I make the bonus 250?

I do not like this rule and even moreso if you make it 250. :-/

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Lastly. Should I give out draft positions the day of the draft to make it tough, or ahead of time so people could practice?

I personally like to know where I draft ahead of time. I am in a league that we find out the day of the draft and I hate it...not the league, just not knowing

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Thanks in advance.

No problem ;-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:55 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Any issues with 30 yards per point for QB with 3 point bonus for every 300 yards? Should I make the bonus 250?

I do not like this rule and even moreso if you make it 250. :-/

Would 25 yards per point make it better for you? Or do you just dislike bonuses?
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:04 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Does anyone know if Yahoo lets you deliniate between PPR for Wrs and Rbs. For example 1 pt for WR/TE receps, and .5 for Rb receps? Any good sight that does? (NFL.com etc)

Do you guys like that or would you rather just a PPR for everyone?

I like PPR across the board. I like more of a WR/RB balance... instead of a RB heavy league.

In a 12 team league you guys like 3wr 2rb or 2wr/2rb/1flex?

2Rb/3WR

Any issues with 30 yards per point for QB with 3 point bonus for every 300 yards? Should I make the bonus 250?
yes, you are giving a QB who is having a stellar game, even more points. Not a big fan of this. If anything, would rather have TD pass > 60 yards or something. So on any given play, any QB can get lucky and hit a bonus.

Lastly. Should I give out draft positions the day of the draft to make it tough, or ahead of time so people could practice?

I think most owners would appreciate knowing in advance... ESPECIALLY if you do. It would be unfair for you to know in advance, but not to share till day-of.

Personally, I would prefer day of, because I can draft well from any position. Helps the strong, hurts the weak.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:19 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:

dream_017 wrote:I do not like this rule and even moreso if you make it 250. :-/

Would 25 yards per point make it better for you? Or do you just dislike bonuses?

I play 20 yards per point....would not mind 25/pt. Just not a fan of the extra bonus for a 300 game....are you giving a bonus to RB or WR that have a 100 or 150 game?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:27 am

yes, those bonuses are for everyone. RBs over 100 yards, Wrs over 100 yards.

I'll change Qbs to 25 per point.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby gablefan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:33 am

I strongly dislike the bonuses. A guy that has a steady week from all of his player can be beaten by a guy that has one or two blow up and the rest of his squad suck. :-t to bonuses!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby My team is injured » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:43 am

I don't like the idea of bonuses... is 102 yds really 3 pts more valuable than 98 yds?... there will inevitably be a situation where someone wins a close fantasy game due to a bonus and that doesn't seem fair to me...

I pretty much don't like any scoring system that values 1 yard more than another yard (ie. the 80th yard will give you 8 pts whereas the 79th and 78th and 70th yards give you the same 7 points).. that's why I prefer fractional scoring putting equal weight on every yard gained.. ironically enough, I would have won my work league again last year if we didn't have fractional scoring which I pushed for..

I remember having derrick mason in a yahoo public league a few years back when he had either 98 or 99 yds receiving four times.. which was no better than 80 yds in public scoring formats
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Return to Football Talk