Latest on potential Bush holdout - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Latest on potential Bush holdout

Moderator: Football Moderators

Latest on potential Bush holdout

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:59 pm

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=111944

Bush league: Hardball with the Saints
July 26, 2006

Saints players are supposed to report to training camp this evening, but will top draft pick Reggie Bush be there in time for the start of practice?

Sure, it's not uncommon for top draft picks to hold out, but Bush had indicated he realized the broader significance for the city of New Orleans of getting a deal done and getting to camp. And now? ESPN reports that Bush and the Saints will begin some serious negotiating today, but there also have been rumors that Bush would be willing to sit out the entire season and re-enter the draft. Whether that's just a tactic by Bush's agent, it's certainly not good news for a team in desperate need of a flashy, electrifying player to revive the franchise.

With a new coach, new QB and a renewed Deuce McAlister, who's back from a serious leg injury, the Saints have had reason for optimism heading into the season. But more than anyone, the team's hopes have been pegged on Bush -- as long as he signs on the dotted line.

i know its just a rumor, but this isnt looking good for New Orleans.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teacupwoozy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:03 pm

The worst part about this for Bush lovers is the Titans who are not very wise about money or salary cap are apparently about to throw a huge deal (rumored to top mario's) at Vince Young, which will just make Reggie want even more money that Benson will not be eager to part with. This is gonna get ugly but it would be damn foolish for Bush not to come to terms eventually.
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:06 pm

teacupwoozy wrote:The worst part about this for Bush lovers is ....

Hey!! I'm a bush lover..... oh...wait never mind.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:30 pm

saundman2000 wrote:
teacupwoozy wrote:The worst part about this for Bush lovers is ....

Hey!! I'm a bush lover..... oh...wait never mind.

oh no he didnt!

I really dont think Bush is going to sit out. Does he think he would be the #1 pick next year? b/c thats pretty much the only way he would make more money...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:59 pm

From what they said on TV, he doesn't just want to be paid like the #1 overall pick - he wants to be highest paid RB in the NFL before he's ever touched a ball and proven himself!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:05 pm

Why does it seem people with the name Bush like to give other people headaches? :-b

Comeon Reggie don't be stupid. D'Brickashaw was able to do it, how come your such a pain?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:27 pm

personally...i hope he sits out and then trips on the podium on the draft day next year and suffers a career ending knee injury

someone made a good point on the radio today...probably not gonna be too popular with people who lost their houses or havent had running water in a year when you dont think you're getting enough MILLIONS Reggie
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:33 pm

Never touched an NFL football in his life and demands the most money of any RB, if they paid him that would be a direct slap in the face of all the top RBs that have proven themselves throughout the years. I think the whole situation stinks!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:27 pm

What they were saying on ESPN was Bush was wants $1 more then WIlliams got, not to be the highest paid player in the NFL. They also said he was waiting to see what Young signed for. Young signing for what he did doesnt bode well for NO, the Saints are going to have to open their pocket books now.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:39 pm

This is a weird situation because not only does Bush need to sign with New Orleans, but Benson needs to sign Bush to
A. Get his money off of merchandise sales/keep some hope for the fans
B. Have fans keep tickets/stay interested in Saints

If Bush doesn't sign with the Saints, he loses tons of money in endorsements, and probably some draft position too.

This deal will get done.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk