Willie Roaf to retire...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willie Roaf to retire......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:53 pm

Without the glue holding it together (Vermeil), everything falls apart.

I still don't think you can take LJ below #2, considering SA having dual Madden/Super Bowl curses.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:54 pm

D3C4K wrote:
Oh, and LJ's games without Roaf:

9/18 vs. Oak - 9 carries 41 yds, 1 td
9/26 vs. Den - 8 carries 13 yds, 0 tds
10/2 vs. Phi - 7 carries, 34 yds, 0 tds
11/6 vs. Oak - 22 carries, 107 yds, 2 tds, 48 yds receiving
11/13 vs. Buf - 27 carries, 132 yds, 0 tds, 46 yds receiving
11/20 vs. Hou - 36 carries, 211 yds, 2 tds, 6 yds receiving

Priest's games in that span (to balance out LJ's numbers while they were splitting carries)

9/18 vs. Oak - 19 carries, 75 yds, 1 td, 15 yds receiving
9/26 vs. Den - 14 carries, 61 yds, 0 tds, 32 yds receiving
10/2 vs. Phi - 18 carries, 84 yds, 1 td, 24 yds receiving
(Was injured for the rest of Roaf's missed games.)

Man that's just awful. What?!?! I'm still taking that anyday of the week! If you honestly think that anybody else is going to have better stats you take them. But that right there proves he doesn't need Roaf to do it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CC » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:12 pm

For the record those are 3 of the worst defenses in the league (last year), I wouldn't get my hopes up and wish for those kind of numbers.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Billsbacker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:19 pm

michaelavelli wrote:
Billsbacker wrote:This has a much bigger potential impact on Gonzo than LJ.....Gonzo disappeared from FF when he had to stay in and help block last year.

LJ will only drop a spot or two in the draft, but Gonzo just dropped 30 or 40 spots on my draft list....

yowza. way too big a drop, IMO.

i think there's a big difference between having gonzo block because of a mid-season injury with no prep time compared to losing your starting tackle in july.

plus this is a new coaching staff, you can't just assume that they automatically deal with it the same way.

Well, maybe 30-40 spots is just a hair extreme....I'm still smarting from that half-year he disappeared on me last year. Gonzo's ADP is mid-5th round right now, but based on the KC OL changes and what I saw last year, this definitely drops him below Heap and into the 7th-8th round group (Crumps, Witten, Cooley). So, maybe a drop of 20-30 spots is more appropriate, but still significant......the TE group is relatively deep this year, and you just can't invest a high draft on someone with questions like Gonzo has now. There were something like 15 or 20 TE's above Gonzo in scoring at one point last year...
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:38 pm

Either way before or after LJ has lost Vermeil, Saunders, Roaf and whoever the hell else i had LT ranked #1 in PPR and non-PPR......so i guess this now solidifies my rankings.

but this does change my TE rankings, more people will test Jordan blitzing on the outside and i'm sure Gonzo will have to stay back to block more times now that Roaf is gone.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Dadd » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:43 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Either way before or after LJ has lost Vermeil, Saunders, Roaf and whoever the hell else i had LT ranked #1 in PPR and non-PPR......so i guess this now solidifies my rankings.

but this does change my TE rankings, more people will test Jordan blitzing on the outside and i'm sure Gonzo will have to stay back to block more times now that Roaf is gone.

Do you not think that if Black is having problems with pass protection, that they wouldn't have a 2-TE formation to allow Tony to go out? Or have the RB cheat to that side to help? Either way, I would think that the coaches would have a plan to help Black block and allow Gonzo to go out in pass patterns.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:03 pm

Dadd wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:Either way before or after LJ has lost Vermeil, Saunders, Roaf and whoever the hell else i had LT ranked #1 in PPR and non-PPR......so i guess this now solidifies my rankings.

Do you not think that if Black is having problems with pass protection, that they wouldn't have a 2-TE formation to allow Tony to go out? Or have the RB cheat to that side to help? Either way, I would think that the coaches would have a plan to help Black block and allow Gonzo to go out in pass patterns.

Well, Jason Dunn (I believe he's still with the team, right?) is really the Chief's blocking TE but he was out a lot last year with knee problems if I remember correctly.

The Gonzalez blocking theory is a great one if he's injured, otherwise I'm not sure it's going to be as big of a deal as we're theorizing right now. I'm not sure if Dunn's career has been plagued with injury or if that was just last year at the worst possible time.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:05 pm

This is terrible news. It really hurts the Chiefs' chances to do something this year, and it obviously lowers Larry Johnson's value (a keeper on my team).

Things we're looking so good only a few days ago after Law signed...and now this. :-/

It's really too bad Roaf couldn't make this decision a bit earlier...and not right at the start of training camp.
mweir145
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dadd » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:08 pm

biju wrote:
Dadd wrote:

Well, Jason Dunn (I believe he's still with the team, right?) is really the Chief's blocking TE but he was out a lot last year with knee problems if I remember correctly.

The Gonzalez blocking theory is a great one if he's injured, otherwise I'm not sure it's going to be as big of a deal as we're theorizing right now. I'm not sure if Dunn's career has been plagued with injury or if that was just last year at the worst possible time.

I also don't think anyone else has said this yet. But Kris Wilson is also back and healthy, and he's supposedly a monster. Whats the chance that they run he and Gonzo in a 2-TE set or have one on the line and slot the other? I can see that as either Kris would take some catches or he would stay in to block.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:08 pm

mweir145 wrote:It's really too bad Roaf couldn't make this decision a bit earlier...and not right at the start of training camp.

Maybe he has a FF team and was trying to unload LJ first. }:-)
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk