Cheating Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheating Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:30 pm

You need to try and get your money back and get out of that league. This is unlikely to happen so you have 3 other options, one of which you must do.
1. You must protest and disparage this loser of a commish to all in your league and anyone else who may play in other leagues with this jerk.
2. You have to beat his team when you play him and in the standings/play-offs etc.
3. Rally fellow upset owners to make the trades designed to strengthen whatever team he is playing, and to shun this cheat. (Just make sure the trades are fair enough in value so as not ot be vetoeable. A friend in a similar position league was so angry that they kept trading starters for bye week starters and the commish finished out of the playofs despiote having made a bogus trade for Faulk.)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rezen » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:32 pm

If he's pulling that crap in a money league, then quit and demand your money back.

I have my league setup so that we can veto trades... if a majority of the league finds that the trade is too lopsided.

If the commish is part of the league, then it's a conflict of interests if s/he is the only person that can decide whether or not a trade is fair.

Screw that.
Rezen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:21 am

Yeah, thats not right, a commish abusing his powers. :-t
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:53 pm

Im not sure on this one. Couple of things that you should clarify. Is the new trade equal to the old trade in your eyes in terms of equal value for players involved? If so then the only person who should have a real problem is the guy who originally had the trade pending which was cancelled because he misses out on potentially making his team better. I think if a trade is agreed upon and going through the voting period it should be ok for an owner to back out by emailing the commish and saying they changed their mind. Now if this new trade is much better for one team than the other then it I would say its shady as hell and give the commish a royal beat down.

Worse than this is when your in a money league (as I am) and you have jackass owners who make trades simply for the sake of being active. We had one guy, Ill call him Mr. X, made 5 I repeat FIVE trades in the first three weeks which first made his team great then made it terrible and he shipped a bunch of talent into my division and stacking this other guys team so he's basically unbeatable:

1st Trade - Mr. X gets - Horn, tiki barber, Shockey, he gave up Ricky Williams, STacey Mack and Drew Bledsoe ;-D

2nd Trade - Mr X gets - Preist Holmes and Alge Crumpler, he gave up Fred Taylor, Torry Holt, Shockey (this was the one that really pissed me off because the guy who used to have priest is terrible at fantasy football) :-t

3rd Trade - Mr. X gets Shawn Alexander, Curtis Conway, he gives up Tiki Barber, Garrison Hearst, Joe Horn. :-/

4th Trade - Mr X got Galloway, C.Rodgers, and Derrick Mason, he gave up Harrison and Pinkston. :-/

5th Trade (the one you cant possibly understand) - Mr X got P.Price, B.Farve, and Duece McALister, and he gave up PRIEST HOLMES, Alge Crumpler, and Moe Williams. NOt only that but he made this trade with our Commissioner who he also works in the same office with. :-t :~( :~( :~( :-t

Needless to say I hate Mr. X more than anything, our commissioner now has a team that is averaging 120 points/week and is so much better than anyone else it will take an injury or two for him to come back to earth.

So next time you guys wish for shithead idoits like Mr. X to join your league because they make bad trades and are easy money, remember it can bite you on the ass if your the type that likes to keep his original players and not the guy wheeling with him like me...... :-B

Friendliness: %

Postby Paladyr » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:46 am

I'm glad i'm in a well run league. It is definitely cheating, talk to your other members, and what exactly were the trades?
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TFM » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:11 am

We have a second commish in our league who looks at trades that involve the main commish. But - we have an open look on trades. Our commish sends all trades through immediately. He believes that as long as it's not someone throwing in the towel and giving up then it doesn't matter what they're doing. Like my trade- i traded A. Boldin for M. Harrison - when i posted that here some said they couldn't believe the commish let it fly. But our commish figured if he was willing to give up Harrison - that was his deal. Of course, we're all friends in our league too, and Christians on top of that - and there's no money riding on it - and we're not typically the type of people who would stab each other in the back.
"Please don't quote me in your signature" - Anonymous
TFM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby senseiosin » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:51 am

Well TFM, I cant say my league bears any resemblance to yours. We are all friends (for the most part) for many years now, but we are a bunch of hard drinking, loudmouth, cursing pricks that will do anything to win the $1200 pot.

I dont think that Bouldin trade was that bad at all, Bouldin is the #1 receiver right now, Harrison if off the map in the Colts new ball control offense.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AcumenJay » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:55 pm

I'm the commisioner in my league. If I were you I would use that guy as a tackling dummy. Then TAKE my money back. When it comes to money... :-#
AcumenJay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk