CBS SPORTLSINE QUESTIONS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CBS SPORTLSINE QUESTIONS

Moderator: Football Moderators

CBS SPORTLSINE QUESTIONS

Postby dare » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:30 pm

Hey Guys,
I'm Commish this year and we switched to CBS SPORTLSINE.
I'm trying to figure out how waivers work on this site.

1)Do they differentiate between Free Agenets and Dropped Players?
Example: If a player is a free agent, or has been dropped and the waiver period has passed without him being claimed(2days),
At Sportsline, does EVERYBODY, including Free Agents, have to go through a waiver process, OR can Free Agents and dropped players outside of the 2 day waiver period be picked up on a "first owner to get to him" basis?
2)In terms of waiver order or priority, there are two options to be set as commisioner. a)Every Week Based on reverse Order of Standings or b)Never(always based on prior waivers run)
I understand the "a" option. But the "b" option is vague.
Doe it mean that like Yahoo style, once you win a claim you fall to the back of the order? Or does it mean that the waiver order/priority is never reset and is fixed for the whole year, if so, how is that order determined?

Much Thanx for Sportsline experts who can answer this dilemma.
dare
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:33 pm

Never played sportsline for football, but for baseball I think everyone goes to waivers to start the year...might want to check league settings though because there might be a way to turn that off or on.

Question b - I think you are right with your thoughts there...makes sense. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RJ24VC15 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:50 pm

Everyone is on the Waivers for 2 days, agter that they become free agents and the first owner to want them gets them.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby heelfan72 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:21 pm

I don't know if this will answer your question. Our league has been on CBS sportsline for 3 years now and we have a pickup week once every 4 weeks. The commish gives us a deadline of like Tues. at midnight and we go through and make a list of any players you'd like to pick up and who'd you'd drop for them. Early on Wed. morning it'll pick based upon reverse order of the standings and if that particular player hasn't been picked up and he's on your list then you get him. After that it's a free for all and whoever you drop you can automatically pick them up. It works for our league b/c we have owners who stay on the computer all the time and some we don't. It makes it so that you don't have a few guys sucking up all of the FA's. I don't know if that'll help.
heelfan72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Every FA is on waivers from Sunday-Tuesday morning. After waiver moves are made, all remaining FAs(except for those who were just dropped) are on a "first owner to get to him" basis. Every dropped player goes on waivers for 2 days after he's dropped.
Doe it mean that like Yahoo style, once you win a claim you fall to the back of the order?

Yes.
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dare » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:37 pm

Hey thanx guys,

FFPlayinMoFo..you rock. That's the most specific answer I've gotten.

So, If you see a Free Agent guy who blows up on Sunday, You CAN'T pick him up first come first serve? He has to go through waivers the same way a dropped palyer would? Wow, if that's true.
I used to be great at picking up guys in the beginning of the season by hawking the first two Sundays' Games, looks like people will be able to sniff out my Sunday's work...damn

b) If I choose this option, is the waiver order initially determined on reverse draft order?

Thanx again.
dare
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby madmike » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:04 am

CBS has soooo many different options. Their default option is for all players to be treated the same for waivers. Add/Drops "lock" at start of first game. They stay locked until waivers run (we run it Wednesday night - runs real late). After waivers runs it's open season and any anyone can add/drop rest of week until first game and lock starts over.

Also guys dropped during the open period cannot be picked up until they clear waivers the following week.

Pretty good system, does allow you to grab a last minute player on breaking news if no one picked him up but the big week wonder guys must go thru waivers.

Again they have so many options I'm sure some of this can be changed if you have something special.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk