Top 3 are no brainers, but who is No. 4 on the draft board? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 3 are no brainers, but who is No. 4 on the draft board?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top 3 are no brainers, but who is No. 4 on the draft board?

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:32 am

Ok folks, let me know your thoughts on who to take with the no. 4 pick. I've managed to draw this pick, and of course it's just out of the top echelon of RB's. All suggestions welcome. I've narrowed it down to 4 different options. 16 Team league 0.25 pt's for receptions. 4 pts for recieving TD's and rushing TD's.

Tiki Barber
Clinton Portis
Rudy Johnson (last year's horse)
Ronnie Brown

Any other thoughts?
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scb175 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:42 am

i think i've seen this question asked and answered about 1000 times so far on every fantasy forum on the internet.
scb175
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cover 2 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:18 am

I think the resounding answer to this question will be Portis, some people would even go as far to say Portis will end the year #1. I agree with the sentiment that Portis is #4, but I'm not as in love with him as some seem to be.
Cover 2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bowie » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:11 am

A month or two ago, it seemed like everyone was saying Tiki should be #4. Opinion seems to have shifted to Portis recently.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:25 am

I'm really close to ranking Portis even over LJ now with Roaf gone.

Call me crazy...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:43 am

Guess I'm a little behind the times then. Sorry folks for making everyone answer the question again. Just getting ready for the draft and wanted the outside opinion. With the Receptions for points I'll probably take Tiki anyway. Thanks for the advice. Any other opinions?
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby ampant » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:04 am

SniperShot wrote:I'm really close to ranking Portis even over LJ now with Roaf gone.

Call me crazy...

Okay. You're crazy. I have said this plenty, but Roaf's absence won't kill LJs numbers. He still put up monster numbers in the games Roaf missed last year (with Dunn, the blocking TE out as well). Mabye he experiences a slight drop, but I still think he's got a shot at 2000 yards.

I definitely have him ranked above Portis, and I definitely have Portis ranked above Tiki. I think Portis could break into the top three, but it will be SA or LT who are bumped, not LJ.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:48 am

ampant wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I'm really close to ranking Portis even over LJ now with Roaf gone.

Call me crazy...

Okay. You're crazy. I have said this plenty, but Roaf's absence won't kill LJs numbers. He still put up monster numbers in the games Roaf missed last year (with Dunn, the blocking TE out as well). Mabye he experiences a slight drop, but I still think he's got a shot at 2000 yards.

I definitely have him ranked above Portis, and I definitely have Portis ranked above Tiki. I think Portis could break into the top three, but it will be SA or LT who are bumped, not LJ.

I can't agree with you, ampant. I don't think that the new coaching staff in KC is gonna have the same type of explosive offense. Add in the los of hald the KC line from last season, and we'll see a definate dropoff in LJ's numbers. He'll still put up good numbers, but more in the 1200yds/15 TD range, not 200/25.

BTW, I would love to see LJ do great, and get rid of the Penn State runner curse, but, I just don't forsee that this year.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:53 am

Portis and Tiki are 4th and 5th in redrafts, no one else even comes close. And really, just pick your favorite, they're that close. Those two guys are essentially, tier 1B, after them everyone has ?s.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Indys_time » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:17 pm

Portis and no question about it.

5th should be SJax
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Football Talk