Seen the latest in the DAVID BOSTON SOAP OPERA? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seen the latest in the DAVID BOSTON SOAP OPERA?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Challie » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:45 am

Here's a couple of articles for those Boston owners who want to read more about their hero ....

Towards the end of this one, Schottenheimer's comments & the players' attitude - it all makes me suspect that Boston will be starting on Sunday, but that's a hunch and Marty seems like a control freak so you never know: http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/ch ... rgers.html

This from the San Diego Union-Tribune's Nick Canepa who is normally a lousy columnist, but seems pretty realistic here, especially about alleged promises to Boston about his weight training agreement with the Chargers pre-signing: http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/ca ... anepa.html

And to all those of us who take the time to read every word of this, we all really need to find a more productive hobby than fantasy football.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby anth » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:09 pm

That being said - I have some hope. If he's not actually suspended this weekend, then a big game against the Raiders is very possible

he's been suspended if you haven't already heard
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:31 pm

though he's suspended this game hopefully Boston sees this as a wake up call to play as team member. I went throught the marty bashing here in DC as well going 0-5 then 7-2 that proves marty can get the job done, right the ship.
I'm stuck with Boston who am i gonna drop him for Q morgan NOT. As a boston owner my hope and faith is he doesn't curl up in a ball like a baby but participate in the remainder of season like the stud he could be.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Challie » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:36 pm

Just found out this AM. Too bad, for Boston, for the Chagers and the team. 0-4 is imminent and this season is going to be a 2-14 type of disaster season. Unlike the miserable 1-15 Ryan Leaf season with a squad of marginal talents, the 2003 is a shame cause there is some talent on this team.

If Boston does ever get out of the doghouse, I still suspect some decent games are in store. Boston owners better hope for at least one good game cause he sure as sh*t doesn't have ANY trade value right now.

I guess what I'm saying right now is I might trade a get Boston for something of no worth right now (a 2nd TE, a zero like Orlandis Gary, Johnnie Morton, Calico, whatever), hope for that good game next week and then ship him off immediately for something sthing significantly better than a 2nd TE. Just a thought.

Of course, the smart thing is just to stay away from this mess (including Drew Brees). But where's the fun in that?
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:37 pm

I am also tempted to offer some low-rent guys for Davis Boston right now since he's worth close to nothing. If he plays up to his talent, the guy is good enough to warrent a starting WR spot on any fastasy squad. He just needs to take the baby blanket away and become a team player.

Worst case scenario, you dish away a bye-week fill-in for David Bust-on..
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:31 pm

deftdelivery wrote:I am also tempted to offer some low-rent guys for Davis Boston right now since he's worth close to nothing. If he plays up to his talent, the guy is good enough to warrent a starting WR spot on any fastasy squad. He just needs to take the baby blanket away and become a team player.

Worst case scenario, you dish away a bye-week fill-in for David Bust-on..

That's probably a good way to go about it. I got him off waivers so I'm happy. I mean, he had 1593 yards in his Pro Bowl year. He's capable of that. Healthy, no DB can cover him. He's a matchup nightmare.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:28 am

I think the 200 K he spends on his personal trainer would be better spent on a psychiatrist.

The man needs professional help.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk