Worst GM in the NFL. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst GM in the NFL.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pjluva10 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:34 am

I say Millen and I have thought about it a lot and can honestly say Im not being biased because I am a Lions fan. I will have to say a close second is Casserly or whatever his name was from the Texans before he was fired.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:39 am

The C.Rogers and Mike Williams picks were bad, but I thikn Roy Williams and Kevin Jones still have bright futures ahead of them. Shaun ROgers was a steal.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:12 am

I'm going to go with the guy who has been running the Bills recently. Millen is an obvious, and deserving choice, but I think the Bills have had even worse management. When you need to change head coaching after what 2 year? and you have a team that should be doing so much better, yet you completely mess up your franchise QB's development (the guy you traded up for) and fail to address worsening issues along the o-line (like in Houston), I think you deserve at least a nomination for worst GM.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Indys_time » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:24 am

planetofdamapes wrote:I'll 6th it...I seriously think I could do his job

Who's worse Millen in the NFL or Isiah in the NBA?

Definetly Isiah. He is a bad coach too. The Pacers had an excellent team in 2003-04, and we went into the all-star break with the best record. We ended up 3rd and losing the the first round. The only good thing that he has done in NY is drafting Channing Frye. Other than that he is not very good.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Infidel » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:18 pm

Millen is in a class by himself when it comes to suckatude.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:26 pm

OK, while I think that Millen is in waaaaay over his head, his draft picks haven't been horrible. In fact, ESPN rated the Lions 03 and 04 drafts the best in the league at the time. He also hired Mariucci, who many of us (at least I did, anyway) thought would do a fine job.

With that said, do I think he's a good GM? No way, he sucks. Since he's taken over the spot, the Lions have the league's worst overall record, so he's obviously doing something wrong. Do I think he's the worst GM in football? Well, if I did, that would be admitting that he actually is a GM. In title, yes, he's the GM. In actuality, it's a different story...

I know he's not the worst, but I'll always hate Ernie Accorsi for taking Ron Dayne in 2000. I remember sitting on my couch that year PRAYING for the Giants to take Shawn Alexander. We got Dayne instead. Yay...
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:50 pm

I dont know if I could hold that one pick against Accorsi when looking at everything he's done. Paying the cost for Eli is certainly working out, Shockey was another excellent pick. In the past two years they've acquired:

Kareem McKenzie, Jay Feely, Antonio Pierce, Lavarr Arrington, Plaxico Burress, and Sam Madison in free agency. Accorsi has also been the GM while they've drafted Gibril Wilson, Osi Umenyura, and most of that talented and relatively young offensive line.

I hate to admit such about division rivals, but the Giants front office has certainly had that team heading in the right direction.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jayday » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Amazing how quickly Mike Brown's name is no longer at the top of everyone's Worst GM list.....Now he's more like Top 5 worst :-B :-/
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:40 pm

maddog60 wrote:I dont know if I could hold that one pick against Accorsi when looking at everything he's done. Paying the cost for Eli is certainly working out, Shockey was another excellent pick. In the past two years they've acquired:

Kareem McKenzie, Jay Feely, Antonio Pierce, Lavarr Arrington, Plaxico Burress, and Sam Madison in free agency. Accorsi has also been the GM while they've drafted Gibril Wilson, Osi Umenyura, and most of that talented and relatively young offensive line.

I hate to admit such about division rivals, but the Giants front office has certainly had that team heading in the right direction.

Yeah, I definitely agree. It was funny, because I had always been under the impression that EA was responsible for the really ugly drafts: Derek Brown, Jarrod Bunch, Cedric Jones, Tyrone Wheatley, Thomas Lewis (all 1st rounders). However, the only really questionable 1st rounder he's taken was Dayne. Even the surprises like Petitgout have turned out to be serviceable. I also think Accorsi has a great knack for locating value in later round guys and free agency, as you mentioned.
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:37 pm

Hey does anybody know Matt Millen's email?

Maybe we should send him a link to this! Hehe! :-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk