Joseph Addai Signs 5 Year Deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joseph Addai Signs 5 Year Deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joseph Addai Signs 5 Year Deal

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:51 pm

I can now breathe a sigh of relief... :-°

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts signed top draft pick Joseph Addai, the heir apparent for Edgerrin James, on Saturday night.

The former LSU star, selected 30th overall, agreed to a five-year deal with a maximum value of just over $11 million, according to a source close to the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity. The source said $4.7 million of that total was "guaranteed money" but did not describe it as a signing bonus.

With training camp set to begin Sunday at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, the Colts had signed three of their seven picks.

Michael Toudouze, a fifth-rounder out of Texas Christian, signed Friday. The guard agreed to a four-year deal worth $1.75 million, including a signing bonus of $149,000.

Earlier Saturday, the Colts signed sixth-round pick Charlie Johnson, an offensive tackle out of Oklahoma State, to a four-year contract worth about $1.6 million, according to Johnson's agent, Rodney Williams.

"He's excited. He wants to go in and compete and he wanted to get this done on time," Williams said. "We would have liked to have wrapped it up a little sooner."

Four others remained unsigned Saturday. Players who have not signed with the team when training camp begins cannot practice.

Addai is expected to split carries this season with Dominic Rhodes as the two try to replace James, who rushed for more than 9,200 yards in seven years with Indianapolis. James signed with Arizona as a free agent.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indys_time » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:18 pm

Whohoo, yeah finally

:-°
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:21 pm

great, as an Addai owner this is a sigh of relief.

What you Colts fan look at him as? Immediate starter? or will Rhodes carry the load?
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indys_time » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:24 pm

Bravos of Steel wrote:great, as an Addai owner this is a sigh of relief.

What you Colts fan look at him as? Immediate starter? or will Rhodes carry the load?

See as addai gets the majority of the carries. I will say with what me and DDuranDuran, say. Rhodes ever since the injury he sustained a few years back, has not been himself. His foundating is being a SPEED RB. He has lost his first quick step and can't shift around as he used to. Addai should be good redraft wise and great in dynasties IMO. Lets hope that I am right. We will see as the year moves along.

:-)
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby the original texan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:24 pm

addai is supposedly starting over rhodes, which is probably a good decision by the coaching staff.
"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas" - Sam Houston.
the original texan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby xted30 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:42 pm

the original texan wrote:addai is supposedly starting over rhodes, which is probably a good decision by the coaching staff.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven't seen anything to this effect, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Any linkage or sources?
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mrblitz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:48 pm

I really don't think it has been confirmed, and until the season starts no one will know who will be the primary back.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:18 pm

mrblitz wrote:I really don't think it has been confirmed, and until the season starts no one will know who will be the primary back.

It's far from confirmed. Those two will be battling it out for some time before a true defined starter is declared.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:21 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I really don't think it has been confirmed, and until the season starts no one will know who will be the primary back.

It's far from confirmed. Those two will be battling it out for some time before a true defined starter is declared.

if that at all happens
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby purestrength » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:57 pm

Reggie Wayne tossed James Mungro's name into the mix today at camp, just to make the situation even tougher to figure.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk