Reggie Bush Inks 6-year deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush Inks 6-year deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Bush Inks 6-year deal

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:46 pm

Saw it on ESPNews. I'll look for a link.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:47 pm

Reggie Bush and the New Orleans Saints have agreed to a six-year deal, Len Pasquarelli has learned. The deal will be signed Sunday.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:50 pm

And there you have it folks. Reggie avoided any negative PR, this is good timing for both him and the Saints. Way to go Reggie!
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:52 pm

http://espn.go.com/

its the breaking news story on the right.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:56 pm

Sweeeeeeet. I will sleep well tonight.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Indys_time » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:58 pm

SniperShot wrote:Sweeeeeeet. I will sleep well tonight.
:-b

I will too, beacause of Addai's signing.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kilroy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:01 pm

Smart move by both the Saints and Bush. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:09 pm

good choice by Reggie to get that deal signed rather than sitting out, which could only hurt him. Are there any figures out?
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:13 pm

Saints RB Bush contract details
Jimmy Smith
7/29/2006

JACKSON, MISS. - Saints first-round draft choice Reggie Bush agreed to terms on a five-year contract Saturday night, with a one-year option, meaning he will likely report to camp late today or first thing Monday morning, a source familiar with the negotiations said.

The agreement ends a two-day holdout.

Bush’s deal likely will be in the neighborhood of $60 million with just more than $26 million guaranteed.

Earlier Saturday, a source familiar with the negotiations said the two sides were close after studying the terms of the contract Tennessee draft pick Vince Young signed with the Titans on Thursday.

Bush’s agent Joel Segal and the Saints front office saw the contract Young signed in Tennessee and eliminated doubts that Young’s first-year agent, Major Adams, had somehow negotiated a bad deal.

“But it’s as it has been stated,” the source said. “They’re getting there (in the negotiations). It’s a little better. That’s what they were waiting for and now that they’ve seen it, they can go off the two contracts. Now they’ve just got to come in at the right number.”

Houston signed first draft pick Mario Williams to a five-year, $54 million deal the night before the NFL Draft, including $26.5 million in guaranteed money.

A league source said Saturday that it’s possible Williams could earn a total of $62 million over the course of his contract.

On Thursday, Young, the third player chosen overall, signed a five-year contract that could be worth $58 million, including his guaranteed cash.

That puts Bush, the second pick in the draft, directly between the $26.5 and $25.740 figures in terms of guaranteed cash and possibly with a contract that could total $60 million.

It’s likely he’ll command something more than $26 million, but, because of the unwritten code of the slotting system, will have to settle for less than Williams’ $26.5.

“I would hope that by Monday or Tuesday, Reggie would be there,” the source said. “The good news for Reggie is that Vince Young’s contract is a good one. That’s more important than anything. With the slotting system the way it is, you’d think this was now a no-brainer.”

Bush, who entered the second day of his holdout by missing both of Saturday’s workouts here at Millsaps College, remains in Los Angeles, working out daily and awaiting the outcome of the talks between Segal and Saints senior football administrator Russ Ball.

Segal did not return telephone calls on Saturday.

Saints general manager Mickey Loomis declined comment on Saturday.

Saints head coach Sean Payton said after Saturday’s second practice, when asked if he’d like to see Bush in camp soon, “What do you think?” Payton laughed.

“I think both sides are working hard to get it resolved, and I think sooner than later. I think everyone of us, if you’re a Saints’ fan, you’d want that. Certainly if you’re a head coach of the Saints, you’d want that.”

Of the first seven picks in the 2006 draft, only Bush remains unsigned. In all, nine of the 32 first round draft picks have not yet come to terms.

http://www.nola.com/

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:15 pm

is it just me, or does that make him one of the highest, if not THE highest, payed RB in the NFL?

if so, :-t
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk