1st Rounder, Bush Signs 6-Year Deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New Orleans Saints

1st Rounder, Bush Signs 6-Year Deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st Rounder, Bush Signs 6-Year Deal

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:05 pm

JACKSON, Miss. -- Reggie Bush agreed to a six-year deal with the New Orleans Saints on Saturday night and the Heisman Trophy winner will report to training camp Sunday, The Associated Press has learned.

A source with direct knowledge of the negotiations said they deal had been agreed to, but that he couldn't disclose financial terms.

Reached by phone at his home in New York, Bush's agent, Joel Segal, said he wouldn't comment until a deal had been signed. However, he said he was traveling to Jackson on Sunday to meet with Bush and the Saints.

Bush, the Saints' only unsigned player, has missed the team's first three practices of training cam.

The former Southern California running back was selected second overall, between No. 1 Mario Williams and No. 3 Vince Young.

Williams signed a six-year, $54 million contract with Houston, with $26.5 million guaranteed. Young agreed to a five-year deal with Tennessee, with an option for a sixth, with $25.7 million guaranteed and an overall value that could reach $58 million with option and roster bonuses and salary.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:14 pm

Thanks for posting ;-D

I really am looking forward to seeing the numbers. But more so to seeing 25 on the field.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:32 am

I don't remember the total salary (maybe $56mil), but I believe it was $23.5 mil guaranteed - right in between VY and Mario Williams.

It was a high price to pay, but we knew that when we drafted him. Now I want to see some training camp reports!! ;-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to New Orleans Saints