NFL head coaches that yall arent big fans of or dont like - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL head coaches that yall arent big fans of or dont like

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jayday » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:38 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Mike Martz, IMO, is a genius ;-7 :-b jk, portisfan. he is truly stupid; anyone who passes all the time when you have one of the most talented backs in the game cant be considered smart.

What? Are you kidding? 8-o

Do you not remember the 1999 Rams? They were one of, if not the most prolific offenses in recent memory.....You can call Martz a bad head coach, but don't call him stupid....He was the offensive genius behind that incredible Rams offense....Back in his natural coaching position of Offensive Coordinator in Detroit, I expect the Lions offense to come alive this year....Not '99 Rams-esque, but they should rank in the top 15 imo after ranking 27th, 24th, and 32nd the last few years....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:43 pm

jayday wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Mike Martz, IMO, is a genius ;-7 :-b jk, portisfan. he is truly stupid; anyone who passes all the time when you have one of the most talented backs in the game cant be considered smart.

Do you not remember the 1999 Rams? They were one of, if not the most prolific offenses in recent memory.....You can call Martz a bad head coach, but don't call him stupid....He was the offensive genius behind that incredible Rams offense....Back in his natural coaching position of Offensive Coordinator in Detroit, I expect the Lions offense to come alive this year....Not '99 Rams-esque, but they should rank in the top 15 imo after ranking 27th, 24th, and 32nd the last few years....

He's a great coordinator. A horrible coach.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby jayday » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:46 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
jayday wrote:

Isn't that what I said? :-?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:03 pm

jayday wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Gotta agree with the Brian Billick call. Out of coaches still with their jobs, no coach has done so little with so much.

There was that one Super Bowl year, but other than that he sucks. ;-7 :-b

What I think Maddog is saying is he should have multiple SuperBowls....That defense, O-line, and RBs were all great units....But yet, the "offensive guru" Brian Billick never could get a QB playing at the level of TRENT DILFER....So yea I'd say Billick has underachieved...

Understood. And maddog does have a point there, I was just making light of the obvious. It's really a shame Dilfer didn't get to stay there. The quarterback position has been a lesson in futility ever since. Chris Redman, Jeff Blake, Kyle Boller.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:05 pm

jayday wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
jayday wrote:

Isn't that what I said? :-?

:-b
I guess you did. I used a lot fewer words though... :-B ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Sweetness34 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Gotta be Schottenheimer for me. He doesn't have the guts to coach a true championship team. He always takes the cowardly way out, always plays it safe, and ends up costing his team games. For all the talk last year about how the Chargers were the best team not to make the playoffs, there was very little talk about how much of that was due to Marty's poor coaching job. Always coaches not to lose, never coaches to win.[/i]
Sweetness34
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:37 pm

jayday wrote:

expect a mail bomb from portisfan soon :-b

and maybe he was good back then, but the past couple of years have been pass pass pass even with someone as talented as s-jax at running back. why do u think s-jax owners are so happy that martz left?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bleedtheblack » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:54 pm

Sweetness34 wrote:Gotta be Schottenheimer for me.

Ditto. And Shanarat.
bleedtheblack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:21 am

Im not a fan of Brian "self-proclaimed offensive genius whose perrenially crappy offense won a Superbowl with Marvin Lewis' defense" Billick.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:58 am

Right now I say Nick Saban for me. Not that I dislike him personally, but I got so sick of him last year being touted as so great. He won with a team with two good running backs. Wansteadt got fired because he had none. It just got on my nerves. More media than him!

Other than that Holmgren lost alot of respect with me when he didn't shake Cowhers hand... :-t :-t :-t
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk