The best Rbs who arent the best... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The best Rbs who arent the best...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:50 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Verdun Barbarians wrote:
gatorman1122 wrote:Chris Perry?

He will be great IMO. He will be the next LaMont Jordan. he'll be given a chance to shine when he'll hit free agency (in what, two years?).

For the moment, he's only good in ppr leagues... Unless Rudy gets hurt. He could fit a the top of the list of the best backup running back in the NFL

I disagree. I've never been a fan of Perry. Besides the fact that he's from Michigan, he's not a tough inside runner, does not have breakaway speed, is injury prone and is fumble prone. At least he was in college, and he's proven to be injury prone still in the NFL. NO way he unseats Rudi unless Rudi gets injured. Even if and when he becomes a free agent, he's nothing more than a glorified 3rd down back who has decent measurables but just doesn't seem to run between the tackles that well.

Bago, with all due respect you are completely talking out of your ass on this one. Chris Perry is a good inside runner if you have ever watched a Michigan football game in which he played (and I watched damn near every single one), he runs a 4.55 (and he had a few 50+ yard runs at Michigan), he had the season-ending injury in his rookie year but he was a workhorse at Michigan (53 carries vs. Michigan St.) and didn't fumble once at Michigan (despite two fumbles last year).

In addition he is one of the top receiving backs in the league and while he may not be a stud of LT calibre, I would put him on the same level as Rudi Johnson (or slightly below).

Glorified 3rd down back he is not.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crimedogg32 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:05 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Verdun Barbarians wrote:
gatorman1122 wrote:Chris Perry?

He will be great IMO. He will be the next LaMont Jordan. he'll be given a chance to shine when he'll hit free agency (in what, two years?).

For the moment, he's only good in ppr leagues... Unless Rudy gets hurt. He could fit a the top of the list of the best backup running back in the NFL

I disagree. I've never been a fan of Perry. Besides the fact that he's from Michigan, he's not a tough inside runner, does not have breakaway speed, is injury prone and is fumble prone. At least he was in college, and he's proven to be injury prone still in the NFL. NO way he unseats Rudi unless Rudi gets injured. Even if and when he becomes a free agent, he's nothing more than a glorified 3rd down back who has decent measurables but just doesn't seem to run between the tackles that well.

Bago, with all due respect you are completely talking out of your ass on this one. Chris Perry is a good inside runner if you have ever watched a Michigan football game in which he played (and I watched damn near every single one), he runs a 4.55 (and he had a few 50+ yard runs at Michigan), he had the season-ending injury in his rookie year but he was a workhorse at Michigan (53 carries vs. Michigan St.) and didn't fumble once at Michigan (despite two fumbles last year).

In addition he is one of the top receiving backs in the league and while he may not be a stud of LT calibre, I would put him on the same level as Rudi Johnson (or slightly below).

Glorified 3rd down back he is not.

more injuries for Perry

August 1, 2006, 09:38
Bengals :: RB

RB C. Perry May Be On PUP For Awhile?
Geoff Hobson, Bengals.com - [Full Article]

RB Chris Perry has missed all the spring camps with mysterious knee and ankle injuries and although it’s believed he’ll be back for the regular season, he’s not saying when he’ll be able to return. HC Marvin Lewis indicated he’ll be one of the longer ones on camp PUP.

I also think he is highly overrated and will never be a full time NFL RB
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk