Which RB will be next? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which RB will be next?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:04 pm

next back down and out for the season priest holmes. next back down with an injury.... emmit the old man smith.
tc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Holmes. He can't go a season without an injury. And he can't carry the team the whole year.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mikehunt » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:09 pm

Challie dude you bring up some great info and threads.

Just to add to this everyone is in wonder mode right now and the edge of there seats. Why just to find out about the edge and holmes and Pepper. Not that there is any warrent to this but I have to ask this.

How many injuries in the league are ploys to threat other teams?

What I am saying is Ind could be playing the injury system to thtow off NO then play him at the last minute. Not that it could or couldn't be an addvantage but I do wonder how often this is done.

Just kinda wondering.

M
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasy fanatic » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:24 pm

I think Holmes will be hurt after he plays tampa. Tampa hits hard, if hes not out by then, then he will be out after it. So far he hasn't just been pounded the way TB. does.
fantasy fanatic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:12 pm

To mikehunt (I don't think I've ever uttered that statement before, but I digress), the NFL has pretty stringent policies on injury reports. Remember 2 weeks ago when the Broncos listed Plummer as having a concussion because they didn't want anyone to know he separated his shoulder and if he came back in he wouldn't be able to throw a pass? The NFL got all kinds of pissed about that one, so I don't think the Colts would play with fire that quick after an incident. As for the post, I know he's tough, but LT will be the next to go down. The O-line just sucks too much, he has to do all the work. I'm thinking a muscle strain or ankle-knee type injury, not a contact injury. By the way, here's my big prediction. Portis=the next Fraud Taylor. Q Griffin=the next Portis. I'll say I told ya so later.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby mikehunt » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:37 pm

Hawksfan896: I do understand what you are saying. Consider this how accurate does a team have to be when they say he is questionable which means that he is 50/50 with rib problems ( this is hypeathetical). Really that is all some of these teams might list a person as but there is noreall indication how server it is.

I guess what I am saying is Plummer went from a concussion to shoulder. Denver got slck for it. If Denver had listed Plummer as a shoulder prob for the beginning and put him on Questionable for the roster. Does this really tell you if he is going to play no. So a team can kinda bend the rules not really give a whole truth and then game time here plummer throwing like 300 yrds and shoot the injury to crap.

all the above is only half truth not all items listed might have happened." You see what I mean so Ind can say he might play then wham he is playing throughing D's off for the first bit. Maybe I am out in left feild but I look at it like the News. Something happened to someone more details when he is on the feild.

ps. Sorry I you had to say mikehunt Mike works fine.

M
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:43 pm

How many injuries in the league are ploys to threat other teams?

It's interesting you said that as you seem to be a Viking fan. Personally, I think the Vikings may be doing just that in making it seem like Daunte will play this week. The 49'ers would be preparing their defense much differently this week if they knew for sure Gus was starting.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk