Lelie offered to Chicago for T. Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lelie offered to Chicago for T. Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lelie offered to Chicago for T. Jones

Postby Kilroy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:38 pm

From nfl.com:

News: The Chicago Sun-Times reports that the Broncos have offered Chicago WR Ashley Lelie in exchange for RB Thomas Jones. The Bears brass, namely GM Jerry Angelo and head coach Lovie Smith, wouldn't respond to the trade talk. Lelie has been rumored to be heading to a number of places, and is currenly on the reserved/did not report list for Denver, so it looks like the Broncos could move him.

Question: Why in the name of God and all that's holy would the Bears want to do this? (I have to think they don't), and what does it say about Shanny's faith in the current Denver RB situation (if anything)?

OK, I guess that was 2 questions.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:40 pm

i hope denver has a counteroffer ready b/c that trade sure as hell ain't happening.

that being said, any owner who handcuffed benson and jones would be delighted b/c they get 2 starting running backs out of the whole deal.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Vixtor » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:44 pm

Yeah, I think Denver might just have to give away more than that.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Popcynical » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:48 pm

That's a strange trade proposal.. I could see something like Lelie + 2nd round pick for Thomas Jones, though.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:08 pm

If Thomas Jones goes to Denver things get even more fun with that RB situation. Just when you think it can't get any worse...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Crippler » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:10 pm

Its called negotiating guys. You dont offer everything at first,you have to haggle. If Chicago is interested, they will counter with something that is also unreasonable and then they can talk back and forth until a real trade is reached.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Kilroy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:12 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:i hope denver has a counteroffer ready b/c that trade sure as hell ain't happening.

that being said, any owner who handcuffed benson and jones would be delighted b/c they get 2 starting running backs out of the whole deal.

You have a point about Benson/Jones, but would TJ even be "the man" in Denver, or would he just be their Mike Anderson for '06?

That said, I cannot see this happening unless Denver offers significantly more.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:16 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:i hope denver has a counteroffer ready b/c that trade sure as hell ain't happening.

You have a point about Benson/Jones, but would TJ even be "the man" in Denver, or would he just be their Mike Anderson for '06?

That said, I cannot see this happening unless Denver offers significantly more.

That's what I'm thinking. TJ going to Denver would make the RB situation more muddied. But it would certainly help Benson.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Lelie offered to Chicago for T. Jones

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:21 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:Question: Why in the name of God and all that's holy would the Bears want to do this?

muhsim muhammed.
mark bradley(coming off a torn acl).
bernard berian.

4th overall pick cedric benson getting paid 10 million dollars this season.
more than respectible 3rd back in adriane petterson.

i would have no problem with the bears pulling the trigger here. jones has been unhappy for months now anyways.
Last edited by The Miner Part 2 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cover 2 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:22 am

How bout the Broncos realize the did need a good RB and give us Champ for Jones :-B
Cover 2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk