So low on Randy Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So low on Randy Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

So low on Randy Moss

Postby Cover 2 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:11 am

I looked for a search function, because I'm sure the topic has come up, but could not find it, so please do not scold me too harshly if that is the case.

Why is it that people seem to be so low on Moss? I realize that he has had consecutive down seasons, but both due to nagging injuries, 2004 his had plantar fasciitis, a foot ailment that basically kept him out for 5 gamesof the 04 season, and despite that he was on pace for 16 TD's. That is lacking to acknowledge his hamstring injury as well, we all remember a one legged Moss burn Harris for a TD and the craziness that ensued. While in 05 he was plagued by rib, groin, and hamstring injuries from basically week 5 on.

Do people really not trust his talent? His health? His QB? I think anyone who watched more than a few Raiders game understood just how little Norv Turner utlized Moss when healthly.

I realize Brooks is no Culpepper, but he has a past with good #'s with Joe Horn a noticably lesser WR, not to mention his scrambling ability is bound to help Moss with a few big broken plays.

I'm not here to proclaim Moss as the #1 fantasy WR, but I don't understand some of the "washed up" sentiment when it has only been naggin injuries. Obviously injuries are never something you can just completely shrug off, but I don't think Moss can be tagged injury prone just yet.

Am I missing any big factors, I think Moss is a steal in the 4th which is where I have seen him go.
Cover 2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:13 am

People have short memories. Let them forget how money Randy is when heatlhy, and I will pick him every time in the 3rd/4th round.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:36 am

Jimboozie wrote:People have short memories. Let them forget how money Randy is when heatlhy, and I will pick him every time in the 3rd/4th round.

I agree. There are alot of WR's that are ranked above him when they shouldn't be. I feel a comeback year coming if he can stay healthy.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:55 am

Moss when healthy is still as dominant a receiver as any in the NFL. Problem is he's been sidlined with multiple injuries over the past two seasons, in fact he hasn't actually been sidelined, he's always a GTD and ends up playing whilst hurt simply because he's such a good decoy. This results in poor fantasy performances for those games which end up burning his owners.

Many believe that Moss is simply a speed receiver who is losing his once blistering speed. I remember last season he got run down from behind a number of times, can't remember that ever happening in his days at Minnesotta.

Moss would be an absolute steal in the 4th round, I can't see him lasting that long in most drafts. If he's there in the 3rd snatch him up quickly. It wasn't that long ago that he was a solid first round pick.

P.S-If anyone has indeed forgotten how good this guy is go YouTube "Randy Moss", you'll be reminded in no time.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bklik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:02 am

Shhhhh... Maybe everybody is keeping from talking about Moss for a reason. He would be an amazing Late 3rd scoop. ;-D
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:17 am

I wouldn't draft Randy Moss in the first 3 rounds... he's lost something over the years. He's also 29, so I'm concerned that his prime has passed for his style of play.

In the 4th round, yeah, I'd probably take a shot... but he leaves the draft board long before then. (typically mid-3rd).

I'd much rather have Harrison at the relatively same draft spot. Chambers usually goes after both, so I'd take the Chambers upside over a gamble on a Randy Moss rebound.

FYI - he was on Sirius radio a few weeks ago. His attitude about his health was very neutral... not positive, just neutral. I construe this as negative to his value.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:00 am

I am high on Moss this year and love seeing him go in the 3rd in Mocks, cuz when the real drafts are around i will reach for him late 2nd, very early 3rd.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:05 am

Alkaholik wrote:I am high on Moss this year and love seeing him go in the 3rd in Mocks, cuz when the real drafts are around i will reach for him late 2nd, very early 3rd.

Just curious, gut instinct or something else? Please don't say it's Aaron Brooks vs. Kerry Collins :-[
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Doctor P » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:05 am

Alkaholik wrote:I am high on Moss this year and love seeing him go in the 3rd in Mocks, cuz when the real drafts are around i will reach for him late 2nd, very early 3rd.

That's exactly how I feel. Drafting 2nd in my league, I feel he will either be there in the late 2nd or early 3rd, and I will snatch him up as well..... ;-D
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Cover 2 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:06 am

This thread has made me very happy :), I will feel better grabbing him in the 3rd if need be.
Cover 2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk