So low on Randy Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So low on Randy Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:26 pm

bklik wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:Being drafted in the 2-3rd round is not overlooked, IMO.

Again, I just don't know how you can pass on Harrison/Chambers and pick him up? A pure gamble.

Exactly.

Wait a second. Chambers has just recently established himself as a #1 reciever, and now has a new QB who cant read defenses and has just come off a most unmemorable season. He may have Joey Haha throwing to him near the beginning of the season. Yes, I do have chambers as a top 10 reciever, but how is he less of a gamble than Moss?

I can see Harrison being reliable this year, even as he is getting older. Harrison is in a proven system with a proven cast and hasnt slowed down yet.

I have them ranked
Harrison
Moss
Chambers

Your right, your absolutely right! Moss's injuries the past two seasons doesn't make him a gamble at all. What was I thinking!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:30 pm

I don't want to convince people not to draft Moss early, frankly it helps me. Moss's attitude is so poor, why even talk about this - he's not mentally into it IMO:

Moss reportedly wanted to be Falcon or Raven
But Atlanta owner didn't want wideout on team, Raiders receiver claims
MSNBC News Services

Updated: 9:09 p.m. ET July 7, 2006
Oakland Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said in a radio interview Thursday that he wanted to be traded to the Atlanta Falcons or Baltimore Ravens when he left the Minnesota Vikings, the site BenMaller.com reported, citing 790 The Zone in Atlanta.

But Moss said Falcons owner Arthur Blank told him he didn't want the receiver, the radio station reported.

"I want to tell every Atlanta Falcon and football fan that's listening to this what happened. When I was getting traded from Minnesota, I wanted to come and play for either the Atlanta Falcons or the Baltimore Ravens," Moss said, BenMaller.com reported.

"I wanted to play with Atlanta just for the fact of Michael Vick's elusiveness, and I wanted to play with a guy such as Ray Lewis because he's on defense and I'm on offense."

"So I did have dreams and high hopes of being traded to the Atlanta Falcons, but the president and owner of the Atlanta Falcons (Arthur Blank) told me specifically that he does not want me in Atlanta, there's nothing that I can do to Atlanta and he wished me the best of luck. He did not think that Randy Moss would be a good fit in Atlanta."

The Vikings traded Moss to the Raiders after the 2004 season. Last season with the Raiders, he caught 60 passes for 1,005 yards and eight touchdowns.

© 2006 MSNBC Interactive

A clip from an interview with Foxsports:

8) The 2005 season was difficult for Moss, who had to deal with several nicks that kept him from playing at full healthy. So we peppered him with questions about his current physical condition.

Moss told us, "I'm pretty much back to 100%. Last year was so frustrating because I think, with my injury, I could've probably taken a couple of weeks off but I personally had some high hopes for the Raider team to try to have a push for the playoffs to prove the critics wrong. So if people were wondering why I kept playing nicked up, that's the reason why. I wanted to help my team do whatever they can to make a playoff push.

"I fought through it. I've rehabbed this off-season, trying to get that part of my body, my groin area, a little bit stronger. So I'd say I'm back to almost 100%. I'm ready to go."

9) We also asked about the perception that Moss plays only when he wants to, a perception fueled by the receiver saying as much a few years ago.

"The reason why I said it was, you have all your critics telling you how to play the position I've played my entire life. You cannot compare me with a Mr. Jerry Rice, running the short and intermediate routs. That's not what they ask me to do. I run the deep patterns. I catch touchdowns down the sideline. I need to be fresh and ready to go for the 4th quarter. If critics don't understand that, well, they just don't understand.'

"I'm back to almost 100%" - translation - I'm still not 100%.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mbuser » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:34 pm

moss' situation in football drafts is reminding me a lot of carlos beltran's in baseball this season. beltran fell to the 3rd round in most leagues this season, and drafting him always led to the obligatory 'that's a huge +/- pick there' comment in the draft chat. of course, beltran is blowing up again this season

moss has that same potential to produce above his draft position of late 2nd/early 3rd. i took him in the 3rd round (pick 27) of the yahoo friends and family league myself

WR were drafted in this order:
smith, ownens, holt, c.johnson, fitzgerald, boldin, harrison, moss
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Popcynical » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:12 pm

bklik wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:

Again, I just don't know how you can pass on Harrison/Chambers and pick him up? A pure gamble.

Exactly.

Wait a second. Chambers has just recently established himself as a #1 reciever, and now has a new QB who cant read defenses and has just come off a most unmemorable season. He may have Joey Haha throwing to him near the beginning of the season. Yes, I do have chambers as a top 10 reciever, but how is he less of a gamble than Moss?

Yeah, because Culpepper is so much worse than Gus Frerotte.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bklik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:36 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
bklik wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:

Exactly.

I can see Harrison being reliable this year, even as he is getting older. Harrison is in a proven system with a proven cast and hasnt slowed down yet.

I have them ranked
Harrison
Moss
Chambers

Your right, your absolutely right! Moss's injuries the past two seasons doesn't make him a gamble at all. What was I thinking!

Please dont put words in my mouth.

"Yes, I do have chambers as a top 10 reciever, but how is he less of a gamble than Moss?"

Culpepper didnt exactly shine last year, and Moss still put up a decent season. He's missed 3 games his career and put up 13 TDs that season? This thread gives me confidence in Moss being there for me at the end of the 3rd.

Yeah, because Culpepper is so much worse than Gus Frerotte.

Nope, 0.1pt better last year looking at QBRat :-b .

Heck of a lot of sarcasm for one day
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:53 pm

From my personal experience, R.Moss is not going at the end of the 3rd. He's going between late 2nd to mid 3rd.

That's a little agressive for my tastes... it is not a value play.

It's fine if you're high on Moss (no pun intended) to take a leap of faith, but to claim that he's an undervalued pick is simply denial.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:55 pm

From my personal experience, R.Moss is not going at the end of the 3rd. He's going between late 2nd to mid 3rd.

It's fine if you're high on Moss (no pun intended) to take a leap of faith, but to claim that he's an undervalued pick is simply denial.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:56 pm

Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:33 pm

3 posts twisted? you must really want to get your point across :-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby RJ24VC15 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:40 pm

Aaron Brooks
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk