To bail or not to bail?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

To bail or not to bail??

Moderator: Football Moderators

To bail or not to bail??

Postby Blaneyfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:22 am

Hey fellas, I could use your opinions.

This is my 6th year playing FFB and am starting to feel fairly confident. I began this year looking for a couple keeper/dynasty leagues to participate in for that added aspect of the game.
This post is about one of these leagues.

I joined this league( no need for names), from the classifieds here figuring the players would be fairly decent, new league, commish is cool.
We start the draft(Auction - $90mil cap) and there are 3-4 guys that just jump on the board and bid up everything, going way above their cap(not allowed), with apparent impunity.
I understand the stradegy of not wanting anyone to get stolen, and I play that game too. But this morning for example, I look at the draft and 1 fella is over $30mil, overhis salary cap, in outstanding bids. Not to mention it is only on 8 players and he still has 17 roster spots to fill after that.

I have never had a problem in any league I have ever played in. This league in question appears to be below the level of committed players I want to participate in. Maybe I do take it a little too serious, but I don't think expecting the guys you play with to at least read and follow the rules is too much, is it?

I have also recieved 2 pms from other owners who are sharing my frustrations.

Anyway, I hate the thoughts of bailing on a league and leaving them kind of stuck. But this is the first year of a Dynasty League and I don't like what I'm seeing at this point and it's just starting. I really don't think it's for me.
Given these comments you have read, how bad would it be to bail on them?
Blaneyfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:32 am

If you don't think the league will work then I would bail. Much better quitting the league now than the league being ruined half way through the season when an owner does somehting stupid (drops all his players, trades away his studs for rubbish etc etc). Nothing more frustrating than dealing with issues like that during a season.

Bring the issues up with those that arent following the rules, if their responses dont meet your expectations then bail.
Last edited by aussieboy on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bowie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:39 am

If established rules are not being followed or enforced during the pre-season, bail. It will only get worse.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Blaneyfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:23 am

Thanks fellas.
There is a post on the leagues board about it and I'm glad someone else has stepped up and posted they are in agreement with me.

We are just waiting to see what the commish has to say. I feel for him, he seems like a good guy but these individuals are making his life very difficult.

One of the offenders replied and told us to "calm down and let the draft work itself out". LMAO while he still has bids up that puts him over.

Cheers
Blaneyfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:26 am

In this auction league, you don't have a rule that stipulates that bids cannot put a team over the allotted cap? :-?

Most auction leagues have this rule.

Also, part of the cap is not touchable to ensure that you can pick up all 17 players. For example, if the Cap is $100, with $1 min. bids... then $17 is held to the side. You can basically only bid with $83.

This ensures that you fill the entire roster within your cap.

Now, rules are rules... so if these rules aren't in place... the other owners may just be abusing the loopholes. If they are breaking the rules, there should be immediate penalties (severe).
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kellys Heroes » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:24 am

Bail, sounds like the mod isn't doing his job. I have some openings in an Live auction draft.

Check it out.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=235500
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Infidel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:06 pm

Bail NOW!
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: To bail or not to bail??

Postby The Swami » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:28 pm

Blaneyfan wrote: Maybe I do take it a little too serious

Fantasy Football can never be taken too seriously

Bail now
The Swami
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: To bail or not to bail??

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:38 pm

Blaneyfan wrote: Maybe I do take it a little too serious,

If being too serious means you know the rules of your league and get frustrated when they are not followed, then most of the people here are too serious.

If you do not get satisfaction from the responses regarding this issue. Bail ASAP.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:40 pm

Agreed, pointless playing a game that has no real rules.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk