Itula Mili - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Itula Mili

Moderator: Football Moderators

Itula Mili

Postby moonhead » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:37 pm

anyone have any info on his role this year? I am wondering if he has a shot at being the #1 TE in seattle this year...this is all yahoo has for him:

KFFL wrote:Jul 29 Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks TE Itula Mili appears to be in good shape at training camp. Mili appears ready to show he can bounce back from a poor 2005 season.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Mugrila » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:42 pm

He certainly has potential if Stevens isn't ready to go. I think it really depends on how Jeramy's knee works out during camp as to Mili's impact. I think if Stevens can go 100% during the season, Mili won't have too much value.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:47 pm

I dont have a link, but i heard earlier this year, Holmgren wants to rotate him in with Stevens.

I am all for it, Stevens is a great Red Zone Target, being the tall tree that he is, but i wasnt impressed with the 4 wide open balls dropped in last years Super Bowl, 3 of which were 1st downs on 3rd down plays.

Mili has talent, but he is 33 and coming off an injury. I wouldnt look to him for any true fantasy value, especially since Stevens, who is 6' 7" will get those redzone downs most likely.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby citybirds27 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:38 pm

I hadn't heard of him till right now, thanks moon ;-D :-b
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:02 pm

Unfortunately for Mili, I think Stevens gets the start if healthy, but Mili, is very good. Seattle should design alot of 2te sets. I actually think Mili has better hands then Stevens. JMO

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:18 pm

mrblitz wrote:Unfortunately for Mili, I think Stevens gets the start if healthy, but Mili, is very good. Seattle should design alot of 2te sets. I actually think Mili has better hands then Stevens. JMO

True and True, they are going to use 2 TE sets like Dallas will be with Witten and Fasano, but not nearly as much as Dallas will be.

Mili has much better hands than Stevens, and Stevens has the height and size that Mili doesnt.

I could easily see Seattle rotating in Mili more on mid field drives and using mostly Stevens in the red zone.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby The_Dude » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:18 pm

Mooney, I've been low on Stevens this year because of Mili.

Itula is a perfectly fine TE who spent most of last year injured. He came into mini's this year healthy, while Stevens was having offseason surgery, and the coaches were really happy with the way he was playing (with the first team).

What little I've heard is that there will likely be a more equitable role distribution at the Seattle TE position this year, making neither of them all that valuable or reliable of a fantasy option.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby mrg345 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:36 pm

Mili pulled a muscle in his back today in camp...

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawk ... &tb=1&pb=1

Day Three: Morning practice
Permalink Posted by Mike Sando @ 12:05:12 pm

The Seahawks have finished their first practice in pads since arriving in Cheney for training camp. DT Chuck Darby, QB Seneca Wallace, WR Taco Wallace and TE Mike Gomez were among those who seemed to have strong practices. Darby had appeared a little sluggish in the first couple days, but he was blowing up plays left and right once they put on the pads. Gomez worked with the first-team offense after TE Itula Mili pulled a muscle in his back during warmups (that was the diagnosis Holmgren gave us). Gomez made some very tough catches, including a one-hander on second effort with a defender hanging on him. This was also FS Ken Hamlin's first practice in pads since last season, but the guys in the secondary really didn't hit anyone (they will not be allowed to tackle until the scrimmage). More notes below.
mrg345
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BGbootha » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:01 pm

Even when Mili has been healthy in years past, he wasn't much of a fantasy value. The only value Mili has fantasy wise will be his effect on the fantasy value of Stevens.

If Mili and Stevens are both Healthy, Mili might steal catches and a few red zone looks but Stevens is a more athletic WR type TE.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby fantasizing » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:37 pm

I was kinda hoping Stevens would get the full time starting TE role. I think Stevens' can be a real force with his size.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk