RBBC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RBBC

Moderator: Football Moderators

RBBC

Postby Ripcord » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:57 pm

Ok so i just did the draft in my big league. I had a crazy idea I picked up Ahman Green and Samkon Gado and Chris Brown and LenDale White. Anyway my thinking was that i would get atleast 2 starters out of this. So I didn't use high picks on these guys but i figured it might pan out.

Now the things i was wondering about is who is the fore runner for both of these teams? Also has anyone else done this? But most importantly what's the news on Lendale White cause i spent a 5th on him and I'm just wondering if it's likely he'll start if Chris Brown get's traded, and where will brown go and would he start there?

I know it's a lot of questions but I'm currious about the news on the 4 of these guys. Thanks a lot.
"To get the full affects of it you really have to be in my seat"
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby andus » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:00 pm

The trouble with Gado and White is that they're not even #2 on the depth charts. Green will be the starter with Davenport probably behind him. In Tennessee, Henry is first in line behind Brown. Too much of a mess right now to be high on any of them.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:35 pm

andus wrote:The trouble with Gado and White is that they're not even #2 on the depth charts. Green will be the starter with Davenport probably behind him. In Tennessee, Henry is first in line behind Brown. Too much of a mess right now to be high on any of them.

about davenport...

he's listed as #3; looks like green bay likes gado
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:20 pm

The choice between Gado and Najeh Davenport should be a close one on draft day. Both are the backups to Ahman Green and both should be pretty late picks in most drafts. Gado may not be the most talented RB, but the “New Nigerian Nightmare” proved that he can be a fantasy factor if given the chance. Gado rushed for 574 yards and 7 TDs over 7 weeks late in the 2005 season. The one thing that is abundantly clear is that the Packers can run the ball no matter who is in the backfield. That fact will make all of the Green Bay running backs intriguing picks in this year’s fantasy football drafts. Davenport should be the #2 RB behind Green, but Gado could still find his way to plenty of carries in 2006.

Green suffered a pretty severe injury in 2005 (torn quadriceps). He will also be 29 this season. Green has several backups that may not be as good as a 100% healthy Green, but Green will likely not see 100% health in 2006. Because of Green’s severe injury, it will be important to see how he progresses as the season approaches. Under no circumstances should you spend a high draft pick on Green, but there may come a time in your draft when you have to consider this injury risk with high upside. Again, it will be a good idea to just stay informed on this player who made it to 4 straight Pro Bowls prior to last season. If by some ill chance you find yourself relying on Green, make sure you have a backup plan.

Brown can be an exciting back, but his upright running style lends itself to plenty of injuries. Brown hasn’t been a very durable RB through his 3 year career. He has yet to play in all 16 games in any season and he has played in more than 11 games only one time. Brown has Travis Henry and rookie LenDale White waiting for a chance to take his place. As long as Brown is healthy, he will likely be the primary ball carrier. After that point in time, Henry and White will have to battle it out to carry the rock for the Titans. All three of these RBs are quite capable of carrying the load when healthy, so things could be very interesting in Tennessee this season. Be sure to keep a close eye on this battle.

White has had a lot of bad press and he’s a bit lazy (by his own admission). However, everyone should recall how he ran rampant on a very good University of Texas defense in the college national championship game. He has a nose for the goal line and he is a load. All this said, he does have several obstacles in his way in Tennessee. These obstacles are Chris Brown and Travis Henry. Brown is very brittle and Henry hasn’t been an example of health either. Neither of these RBs have played in all 16 games since 2002 (Brown has never played in all 16 games). Who knows if the pieces can fall into place for White to become the feature back, but he could see goal line duty thanks to his girth.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk